Ryland Imagine

You were currently six months pregnant with your and Ryland’s first baby girl. Both of you were so excited, and you couldn’t possibly contain your happiness. Ryland was great, and he helped you with everything. You didn’t think he would be happy at first, but as soon as you told him, his eyes lit up. It was a huge surprise, but you wouldn’t trade it for anything. You listed a few names, trying to find the perfect one. So far you liked, Rose, Riley, Raiden, Raini, and Raelynn. You both wanted to continue the tradition of ‘R’s’, which he loved. 

Today you decided to get things done around the house, getting some groceries, cleaning etc. You got ready, grabbing your purse on the way out. You went into Walmart, ready to get everything on the list. When you were about halfway through, you noticed a lady eyeing you. You gave her a quizzical look, and she walked toward your direction. “First baby?” she asked you, her eyebrow raising. “Yes, It’s my first baby girl!” you said excitedly. “Well, you look way too young. There’s no way that kid’s gonna turn out fine,” she said coldly. Your face fell, tears welling up in your eyes. “I’m not-” you said, her words interrupting yours. “If I were you, I just wouldn’t have any more. You look like a teenager, probably no money, and you’re kid’s gonna resent you for that too,” she said angrily. By this point, there was no holding back your tears, and they dripped down your face. You couldn’t say anything, so you left the cart, running as fast as you could out to the car. 

You were unable to move, so you sat there balling your eyes out. You looked at the clock, noticing Ryland would be home in about an hour. You reluctantly started the car, driving home. When you got there, you went upstairs into the bathroom. You fixed any smudged makeup, trying to hide the fact that you were crying from Ry. You trudged down the stairs, into the kitchen. You made him dinner, waiting patiently until he got home. It was difficult because the harsh words rang in your head over and over again. You were even doubting yourself right now, and all you wanted was to be in Ryland’s arms. Before you knew it, tears were streaming down your face again. You heard the front door slam, and you quickly wiped away the evidence. You put on your best smile, preparing the plates. You sat them down on the table, taking a seat. “Hey babe! I’m home- wait, what’s wrong?” he asked worriedly. “Nothing,” you said, trying to shrug it off. “What’s wrong baby?” he whispered into your ear, holding you close. He rubbed circles into your back, and you couldn’t help the new tears that were finding their way down your face. You sniffled, “It was just some lady that said something to me today,” you mumbled. “What’d she say?” he asked, wiping your tears away gently. “She said I was way to young to have kids, and that I’m basically going to ruin her life,” you said, holding your belly. A confused look flashed over his face, and then anger overtook it. “Don’t listen to her! She’s just trying to ruin your day Raquel. There’s no way you could ever ruin her life! She’s going to be perfect, and you are going to be the best Mom,” he whispered. You sniffled, trying to listen to advice. 

You just tried to forget everything the lady had said, and sat down eating your dinner. Ryland scooted next to you, kissing you on the cheek. “Thank you for dinner,” he said quietly. “You’re welcome Ry,” you said sadly. He sighed, looking down. “You should know that none of what that lady said was true okay? You’re already the most amazing mom. Everything will be fine,” he promised. “Yeah, I know. I still wish she hadn’t of said that though…” you trailed off. “She probably just had a bad day, and needed to take it out on someone else. She obviously doesn’t know you well enough, because if she did, she would have showered you with complements,” he said sweetly. “Really think so?” you asked him.  ”I know so,” he said, rubbing your belly. You kissed him, “Thank you,” you mumbled quietly. He smiled, pulling you in for another kiss. This time it lasted longer, and you really didn’t want it to end. Interrupting your moment, you felt a strong kick on your upper stomach, hitting Ryland’s hand. He pulled back, admiring your baby girl. You giggled, watching her as well. “She loves you,” you said, watching the complete happiness spread across his face.