Riker Imagine

You were laying in bed depressed, and you couldn’t figure out why. You had been like this the past few days, just laying in bed, not doing anything. It was raining heavily outside, somehow adding to the effect. Riker had been begging to come over and see you, but you would always find some excuse. You didn’t want him to see you like this, all sad and for no apparent. You couldn’t wait to just feel better already, and be happy. A part of you wanted Riker to come over, and hold you in his arms, telling you everything was going to be okay. He did seem busy lately though, and you didn’t want to bother him. A tear dripped down your face, your eyes stinging. You wish it didn’t have to be this way anymore. You didn’t want to feel depressed, or even sad. You wanted to be happy, with Riker. You felt like you were holding him back though, and he didn’t deserve it. Interrupting your thoughts, you heard a knock on the door. You decided to just ignore it, not caring enough to answer. The person kept knocking, making you angry. You just wanted to lay in bed all day, and not do anything!

The knocking continued,  you sighed, getting out from the bed. You trudged down the steps, annoyed. You slammed the door open, startled to see Riker there dripping wet. “What are you doing here?” you whispered. “Trying to see why you were ignoring me,” he said, walking in. You didn’t have anything to say to that, so he just continued. “I mean, it must have been for a good reason right? Why else wouldn’t you want to spend time with me?” he said calmly. “I’ve just been busy…” you lied. “See, I can tell when your speaking the truth, and I can tell when you’re lying,” he said, shaking. You threw a blanket from the couch over to him. He wrapped it around, waiting for you to answer. Your melt felt dry, and you couldn’t form words. You couldn’t even think of another excuse, and you knew he wouldn’t believe it anyway. “Tell me Sarah. Please. I won’t get mad,” he promised. Tears were forming in your eyes, then they violently dripped down your face. His eyes went wide, sensing you were hurt. He rushed over to you, pulling you in for a tight hug.

The embrace felt like forever, and you just kept crying into his chest. “Tell me what’s wrong baby,” he pleaded, stroking your face. You weren’t going to tell him before, but you knew you couldn’t resist. You needed to tell him what was going on, and now. You spilled your guts about everything. You told him about the depression, and how it was finding it’s way back. When you were finished, his eyes were watery, and he pulled you back closer to his chest. “I’m so sorry Sarah. What do I do? How can I make it better?” he asked frantically. You shook your head, brushing away the tears. “I’m fine okay? Just don’t worry about it,” you mumbled. “I am going to worry about it. All the time actually. I can’t just pretend that you’re not hurting. I would do anything to see you smile, and I’m not leaving here until I can do that,” he said, tucking a piece of hair behind your ear. “I love you Riker,” you said, holding him a little bit tighter. “I love you too. I just wish you would have told me though… You shouldn’t have let it get that bad again. You have to tell me so I can make it better next time. I just feel so terrible…” he said brushing his lips across your cheek. “I’m sorry, it’s all my fault,” you sniffled. “No. Don’t say that okay? I’m gonna make you feel better. I’ll do anything,” he said, carrying you to the couch. He let you cry into his chest, letting it all out. He would tell you how beautiful you were, and how amazing. Always giving you complements. “You’re the most wonderful person I know Sarah. And you have one of the best smiles I’ve ever seen, and it’s a shame you’re hiding from them right now,” he whispered, kissing your forehead. You looked up at him, calming down. Your head was rested in the crook of his neck, as you gently drifted off to sleep. Everything he said replayed in your head, his voice soothing you. If you didn’t want to get better for yourself, you were going to do it for him. When you were hurt, he was hurt. You were going to do anything to feel better again. And with that, you feel asleep.