Ross Imagine

Everything had been going great for you and Ross, and you decided that you were going to surprise him with his favorite dinner. Everything was almost ready, just in time too because you heard the front door slam open. You quickly put the plates on the table as he walked in. You hugged him tightly, putting your hands around his waist, and his around your neck. “How was your day?” you asked sweetly. “Fine…” he said, obviously lying. He let go of you and stepped around you, taking a seat at the table. “This looks good,” he commented. You gave him a quizzical look, and he pretended to ignore it, stuffing more food into his mouth. You took a seat beside him, “Everything okay?” you asked him knowingly. He put on a facade, “Yeah, everything’s fine.” You sighed, deciding to just let him tell you when he wanted to. You ate in silence, watching him. You knew something was wrong, just by looking; his eyes just looked sad, like something bad had happened. You threw your fork onto the plate, and he looked at you startled. “What’s wrong? Don’t tell me it’s nothing, because I know you too well,” you ordered. “I told you, nothing’s wrong. I’m just really tired. Rehearsal was long today,” he said, getting up from the table, putting his plate up.

You followed him into the living room, taking a seat beside him. “You look wide awake…” you stated, eyeing him suspiciously. “I’m fine,” he said rolling his eyes, clearly annoyed. “Didn’t have to be mean about it, I just wanted to know what’s wrong so i can make you better,” you said, trying to get it out of him. “Fine! Okay? I just found out I leave for tour in a few weeks!” he yelled angrily. Your face drops, your heart feeling like it was going to shatter. He’s been on a few tours since you were together, but it didn’t get any easier. “Oh,” was all you could say. He looked away, not meeting your gaze. It stayed quiet for a few moments, before you finally wondered aloud, “I thought you liked the tours? Why are you so mad?” He glanced over at you, seeing the tears prick your eyes. “I do like tours…” he replied. “I’m confused, so help me out here. Why do you not wanna go this time?” you asked, bewildered. His eyes got sad again, “I’m gonna be gone for 8 months this time,” he whispered.

Your heart practically jumped from your chest, and your breathing slowed. The tears didn’t stay in your eyes this time, but they slowly dripped down onto your face. His expression softened, his eyes red. “Don’t cry,” he begged. You tried holding them back, but it wasn’t happening. Tears violently streaked down your face, and your breathing hitched. He embraced you into a tight hug, rubbing circles into your back. He was trying to calm you down, even when he was pretty messed up too. “I’ll come visit whenever I can, and you can come stay with me for a week every now and then, and we’ll see each other whenever we can,” he said, pulling you tighter. “Yeah, and you’ll be busy with everything else. I’ll be here all by myself, again. I mean, it’s not a big switch up anyway, I only get to see you for about five minutes after you get done with rehearsal!” you cried. A look of hurt washed across his features. “Look Lea, I don’t exactly want to leave you for 8 months either, but It’s not something I can control. You knew getting into this, that it would happen sooner or later, so don’t act so surprised now,” he defended. You rolled your eyes, getting up from the couch. “I did know that. I knew that you were gonna be gone all the time, but I didn’t really acknowledge how hard it would be until now! You’re never here, and it’s not fair that I have to be here alone all the time, waiting for you! I hate it!” you screamed, running up the steps. 

He slumped into the couch, realization of what you just said, slapping him across the face. You knew it wasn’t his fault, but that didn’t make it easier. You fell onto your bed, stuffing your face into the pillow. You couldn’t believe how quickly time could change everything. An hour ago, you were surprising him when he got home, and now you were alone, crying on your bed. A little part of you ached to have him come up the stairs, laying right beside you. Whenever you were upset, he would always come and lay next to you, playing with a strand of your hair, telling you everything was going to be okay. He was going to be away 8 months, and he didn’t even come up to cuddle with you. Granted, your the one who walked away, but you still wanted him to come try and make things better. You wanted to hold him close, breathing in his cologne, and looking into his eyes. Your brain was overworking itself, and you couldn’t just leave him alone down there. You realized that you wanted to spend the rest of his time home, with him. If was going away for that long, then you needed to be with him now. 

You walked downstairs, peeking around the corner to the living room. He was sniffling, which is why he didn’t hear you approaching. You grabbed him from behind, wrapping your arms around his waist. “I’m sorry for getting mad,” you whispered. “It’s okay,” he said quietly. He turned around, so he could face you. “I’m so sorry Lea. I didn’t wanna do this right now… I want to be with you, and I’m sorry I’m always gone. I’ll make it better, I promise,” he said, stroking the side of your face. “I know you will. You always do. I promise I’ll come visit you whenever I can. I’m gonna hate being away from you,” you sobbed. He pulled you onto the couch, and you were laying on top of him. He held you so close, and this is the way you liked it. You started drifting asleep, not being able to take any more crying. He played with your hair, humming a song he wrote for you. You were out soon, and he was starting to get tired as well. There was something relaxing about hearing the sound of your heartbeat, and you being right there. “I love you,” he said, before falling asleep.