SweetHearts

Requested by: Kwin_Tabia

Junior High School-Final Year

"Is it bad to resist this one act of destiny?" Shikamaru asked as he approached the rejected Naruto. The blonde didn't raise his head so Shikamaru continued. "I didn't realize I was so unattractive that you would fall for that pink monstrosity." 

"Shikamaru that's not it," Naruto spoke up. "I just don't like that my partner was already chosen for me before my birth. Anyone would resist." 

"I didn't-" 

"Because you aren't the type to fight a foundation that was laid out for you. You like an easy life, without headaches. Finding out that you wouldn't have to struggle to find a proper partner made you relieved." 

Shikamaru chuckled bitterly. "You know me so well but aren't willing to take a chance on me? You know I would never hurt you but yet you still run from me just because we are promised to each other by our parents. Do you know how humiliated I have to be when I go home every day and my parents ask if you've given up on her?" 

Naruto looked away, ashamed. "I'm sorry Shikamaru." 

"You aren't!" Shikamaru started yelling as tears made their way down his face. "If you were you would have never kept it up for so long. My parents are rational, they have told me that it didn't matter anymore. That we don't have to go through with the promise. I have asked you time and time again if you want to break it and you stall and dodge the question. Is this funny?!" 

"Is it funny to torture me!" Shikamaru started hitting Naruto's chest but it was futile, Naruto dominated Shikamaru in every physical aspect. Naruto stood and took it. "I love you! You've always known but you say you love her! Then let me go, give me a yes or no! You had to confess to my friends who know our arrangement to drag me further! Just give me an answer so I can move on from you." 

Naruto hugged him. "I truly am sorry Shikamaru and I'll spend the rest of my loving only you going forward." 

"Is it because she spat in your face you've chosen me now?" Shikamaru snarled and Naruto hugged him tighter as Shikamaru spat his vitriol. He deserved it because deep down he was keeping Shikamaru on a long rope because of his fear of being truly alone. He did a disservice and he aimed to rectify it. He sighed softly. 

'I don't even know if I'm sexually attracted to you but I promise to take care of you,' Naruto thought as ruffled Shikamaru's hair. 

********************

College-Second Year

"Wake up Naruto," Shikamaru shook his fiance awake, his diamond ring catching the sunlight pouring into the bedroom. Naruto yawned as he sat up in bed, he felt Shikamaru kissing his forehead as he opened his eyes. His lover was fully dressed in casual clothes, his feminine frame alluring in the morning.