What a Shame

"What a shame," Naruto said as he saw his best friend approach him with his new girlfriend. He had just re-applied his lipstick. It was after school and they were supposed to be heading back home but it seemed Shikamaru had some news to break. "I don't understand how you got your hands all up on that new mistake."

"We're heading to a party so I can't take you home," Shikamaru explained as he looked at Temari while squeezing her hand.

Naruto was disgusted. "Wait, which one was she again? Could be dating all her friends, after all, they all look the same," Naruto slung his bag over his shoulder and waved before Shikamaru could get a word out about his behavior.

"I'm getting the feeling he doesn't like me all that much," Temari said when he had gotten a distance away.

"Nah it's just that I've had a string of short relationships and I think it's driving him up a wall. Once he sees your going to be staying long-term he'll change. Anyways let's head out."

He didn't get to see Naruto's sad expression or the tears brimming in his eyes. He hated this, hated how much of himself Shikamaru had given away to other people. It was like watching him slowly disintegrate which each new relationship. He wanted a piece of Shikamaru but he couldn't cross that boundary without confirmation that it was okay. But even then he didn't want a piece, he wanted everything of Shikamaru. And if this was how it was supposed to go then Naruto might have to cut his losses.

***********

Shikamaru had found himself feeling a bit jealous in a sense. It shouldn't be happening but it was, he knew when Naruto had come out as gay at the start of high school that he would garner the attention of bisexual and gay students. But seeing it in play was something else. So watching the likes of Shino trying to flirt with Naruto was something that greatly annoyed him. What was worse was that Naruto was enabling it by being his usual perky self and encouraging him.

(Shino needs some love and you can fight me)

When he and Naruto got together over the weekend at the blonde's apartment to work on assignments he decided to approach the subject. "Since when were you and Shino hanging out?" He noticed Naruto smiled at the mention of the bug-loving nerd.

"It came out of nowhere really but he's such a gentleman and I guess I got lured in by it," Naruto blushed slightly. "He's awkward and not social like me but he's understanding and listens to me whenever I have a rant. He's just a breath of fresh air."

"So what am I? Stale? Carbon Dioxide?" Shikamaru pressed.

Naruto laughed. "Now that's mean you could have been with me instead of what's her fucking name again?"

"Temari," Shikamaru corrected. "Seriously Naruto she's in our clique, Gaara's sister."

"Ohh Gaara-chan's sister, I only remember Kankuro. Either way, it doesn't matter, I can't wait forever I'm getting bored," Naruto pinned him with a plain look. "What do you take me for?"

"I have no idea what you mean," Shikamaru defended but Naruto only scoffed.

"Shikamaru your not dense and if you want a reaction to fit your ego you aren't getting it out of me. I'm tired and here you are hitting up mistakes like it's fucking coke."

"Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. Yes, I don't have the best luck but I think Temari might be a great choice," Shikamaru folded his arms as he started getting defensive.

"You pay for all her fun but I can buy my damn drink. I don't need smoke in my lungs or liquor in my blood to tell you what the fuck I think. She's toxic and you can't see it because of your fucking type being met in spades. Face it the only reason you haven't jumped on the winning ticket aka me is that you know damn well I won't settle for how you are now. I'm the only one who pushes your lazy ass to be better when you don't want to until you say you're ready to."

Shikamaru didn't want to admit it but he was right. "I don't have a type," He weakly defended.

"Blondes, especially ones with blue eyes," Naruto scowled. "Me, Ino, Temari, our ninth-grade sensei Tsunade, Delta, and the list goes on and on. I could sit here and list them out but the more I think about it the more I realize you're a fucking slag."

That made Shikamaru bite his tongue as he tried to keep his feelings down. That actually hurts him but he had to see where Naruto was coming from. He didn't want to acknowledge it but somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew he would eventually ask Naruto out, date him, propose to him, marry him, adopt and die together. He could see it but he didn't want to do it now so he took other partners as a bench warmer for Naruto's place. But doing that had only pushed the blonde femboy away and he had stopped waiting for him.

"Why the fuck did I make you cry," Naruto cursed as he took Shikamaru's cheeks in his palms and wiped the tears but the Nara only broke down. "I'm sorry Shikamaru I didn't mean to hurt your feelings."

"Well, you did you, idiot," Shikamaru blinked heavily as he tried to get the tears out. "I've been so shitty to you and why the fuck are you still here?"

"Because you're my friend Shikamaru and I still do want the best for you but I can't be with you now. It hurts to think about it but I can't be with you," Naruto said pulling away.

"It's okay I've been a shitty friend and failed as a partner before we even got a chance."

"You have a million chances can't get no more. If I give you more then I'm enabling you,"

"I understand, I'm sorry I strung you on-" He was cut off my Naruto pulling him down to kiss him. Shikamaru's eyes widened but he accepted the kiss. He wrapped his hands tightly around the blonde's slim waist as he clashed tongues with him. They pulled back as their eyes burned with passion.

Naruto pushed him back to his bed and Shikamaru collapsed onto it and Naruto straddled him. Naruto knew him like the back of his hand. He was Shikamaru's type in giant spades. "I'm going to enable you now for the last time." He tore Shikamaru's shirt open and grabbed his phone that had fallen out. He grabbed it as he started rocking on Shikamaru's cock. He called Temari and placed the phone on the nightstand.

"Anything you want," Shikamaru agreed desperately. It was his final chance and he would never let Naruto out of his sight.

Shikamaru had a thing for his partners being dominant and Naruto knew and took advantage. "You're going to break up with the horse, you're my boyfriend now and you're going to obey me. I swear to Kami Shikamaru, I have been patient with you these last couple of years and if you botch this I'm gone," Naruto narrowed his eyes and Shikamaru shivered at the cruel look.

Shikamaru looked up at the blonde who seemed to have the power of gods in his eyes. He quailed and gave into him. He pulled Naruto down to kiss him as they started to hump each other. "What a shame," Naruto murmured against his lips. Shikamaru hummed at the phrase. "Such a shame for Subaku, you're fucking mine."

Shikamaru felt the blood rush to his member as the possessive snarl. He was Naruto's, gladly and willingly.