Keeping Warm

Naruto shivered as they bunkered down in the cave, Shikamaru built a fire as Naruto used a thick blanket to cover the entrance to keep most of the snow out. "Stupid Kakashi, why send us on this fucking mission so close to Christmas?!" Naruto whined as he began to strip off his Anbu gear. Unbeknownst to him, Shikamaru was watching him keenly, his eyes narrowing as he got glimpses of the blonde's abdomen. Shikamaru followed suit and they both huddled to the fire.

"You still took the mission, I could've done it on my own," Shikamaru countered softly, Naruto scoffed.

"Unlike Kakashi, I don't plan to work you to death when I take over idiot," The blonde didn't look at him but Shikamaru could see Naruto was a bit embarrassed.

"Come closer," Shikamaru yanked on the back of the blonde's sweatshirt and Naruto fell over into his lap. "We have to keep warm; you're shivering like a naked sheep."

Naruto flipped him off but did pull them into a side hug, Shikamaru wasn't satisfied, however, and climbed into the blonde's lap. "Woah, Woah, Woah," Naruto warned. "Dude get off me, don't you have a woman or something?"

"We're just getting warm," Shikamaru pointed out.

"No! Shikamaru I don't mind hugging you but this is a bit out of the left field and it's weird," Naruto reasoned. "Come on if Temari did this with a male teammate wouldn't you feel a bit off or jealous?"

"I don't care, I wouldn't care," Shikamaru scowled.

Naruto found it a bit odd because Shikamaru had expressed a different opinion earlier that year. "Are you and Temari okay?"

"I don't know, you tell me. Have you seen her lately?" Shikamaru spat bitterly. "Naruto this is fine, just don't be stubborn and keep us warm."

Naruto sighed. "Shikamaru I'm oblivious so just tell me what's wrong because you being passive-aggressive is turning into you being aggressive," He had unconsciously started stroking Shikamaru's thighs and Nara opened his legs.

"Temari and I are on the rocks, she wants me to move to Suna because she's her brother's secretary," Shikamaru placed his hand on Naruto's that had stopped moving. "And I don't want to leave you and my friends. I have my roots here so deep. She didn't mind me being a dual citizen but she knew it would strain my Hokage secretary training so she wanted me to quit."

Shikamaru hissed as Naruto's claws latched onto him. He didn't have to turn around to know that his eyes were Kurama's. "So that's where we are. I won't leave obviously so we had an argument about it all and then somehow it turned to you. I care about you a lot, so much so that I was willing to be stubborn and throw away everything," Shikamaru reached my hand behind him and ran his fingers through blonde locks. Naruto had placed his head against his neck and his breath was hot. Shikamaru shivered a sigh leaking from his lips. "Aren't you going to take responsibility Hokage-sama?"

"Don't fucking talk like that. And don't bullshit me Shikamaru, who told you?" Naruto's words came out with a slight growl and Shikamaru moaned as the blonde's heated palm traveled up his thighs and dipped into his crotch.

"Kakashi might have let it slip," The dark-haired ninja admitted. "Seems all Kages like it when their lover calls them it in bed."

"Are you seriously trying to seduce me?" Naruto's other hands slipped under his shirt to cup his pectoral. "Shikamaru doesn't tease me like this."

"Well, I'm single and about and I might have accidentally made you aware of this mission so we could get away," Shikamaru hummed with a slight smile as Naruto started kissing his neck.

"So, you wanted to fuck in a cave, in a blizzard?" Naruto chuckled, sinking his hand into Shikamaru's joggers to grasp his erection. Shikamaru shuddered from the initial cool touch that turned warm in an instant. "Anything else you want to tell me?"