How to Make Up

The scent of nail polish permeated the area as Naruto was pampered by his grandson. He was munching on cherries as he listened to his sensitive baby lay his heart out. Seemed he got jealous of Inojin for making a close friend in the T.I Sector. A new apprentice of Ino's, he almost smiled as he felt Shikadai's hand tighten on his. It's adorable but he clearly took it too far judging from how he dealt with it. Instead of trying to talk it out he went on the offensive and became unreasonable, demanding that Inojin cut contact by any means even if it meant quitting the T.I career he had started out on.

Of course, the blonde refused, professing that nothing had happened between them, they were just friends, and that it would stay that way. He loved Shikadai to death and would never cheat. Shikadai wasn't worried about him cheating, Inojin was too nice for that. What he was worried about was the advances this apprentice made on Inojin who was too oblivious to see. He was worried that Inojin would wind up in an inappropriate situation.

As he finished ranting Shikadai gently cleaned up the nails, filed them down, and dried them. He's come to his grandmother, the only person who has ever given him proper relationship advice, even his own mother turned him to Naruto rather than answer his questions. Naruto tilted his head. with a slow amused smile overtaking his face. He got up, pulling Shikadai with him as they headed upstairs. "Wait outside, I'll be right back," Naruto closed the door and Shikadai listened to the rustling of fabric before the door opened again.

He was stunned, he always forgot how beautiful his grandmother was when he got ready to head out, he always turned heads and many suitors still followed even when they saw Shikaku's spirit walking alongside him. Speaking of his grandfather, he was always in the wilderness among the deer he loved when he was alive, he couldn't say much but his actions spoke loudly.

"Let's head out for a while," Naruto grinned as he looped his arms with his grandson and carried him to the edge of the Nara Forest. "I think it was around here."

"What happened here?"

"My first fight with your granddaddy," Naruto narrowed his eyes in disgust. "He had gotten jealous of Kakashi, even though I explained that Kakashi wasn't a threat anymore. He broke up, it didn't matter anymore and Kakashi was courting Iruka. We were still close friends however and it bothered him."

"He went on a tirade about being close and blah, blah, blah. It was honestly cute at first that he was jealous but the more he went on the more I got annoyed and we ended up in a screaming match. We threw some of the vilest things at each other. Tearing into wounds that were being taken care of before and degraded each other to the point I felt genuine hatred and resentment for the man I love. It was awful, God awful and we ended up taking a break as we realized that people who claimed to love each other wouldn't dare throw such hatred at each other."

Naruto turned to him. "My point is don't be like your granddaddy. If you both love each other, these vile thoughts of cheating or betrayal shouldn't hinder your perspective of him. Don't underestimate his ability to defend himself from unwanted advances. He is a powerful shinobi. You doubting him will hurt him more than the thought he was unfaithful."

Shikadai started tearing up and Naruto dried his tears with a patient smile. At one point he would've had to lean down to do this but Shikadai had grown up, now towering over him but he was still his grandbaby, his small sensitive grandbaby. Shikadai hugged him tightly, swaying them back and forth, whispering his thanks. He sobbed in Naruto's neck and the blonde knew he had solved the issue regarding them. Shikadai wiped his tears and kissed his grandmother on the forehead before running off to fix his mistake.

Naruto tilted his head as he felt the motion of arms wrapping him behind. "That story isn't over, is it?" Naruto turned to Shikaku's thoughtful face before the spirit broke out in a grin. "Pervert," Naruto whispered fondly.

It didn't take long for them to reconcile after the argument, Shikaku mending his mistakes before both he and Naruto had a heated night that released all the sexual tension they felt during the argument. It was rough angry sex and Naruto's body afterward was bordering on the look of an abused person. Shikaku wasn't any better but it was still fun, they laughed about it all with this knowing glint that they would be fine.

"I can't wait until my time comes, I miss holding you," Naruto murmured as he began walking back to the main household. "In all honesty, I do enjoy handing out advice, Shikadai is so innocent and we live in a time of peace. He makes it all worth it."

Shikaku nodded with his words and they headed inside. Naruto changed into his home outfit and began cooking. Knowing Shikadai, he'd be back with Inojin for dinner. Maybe he'd invite Shikamaru and Temari as well. So he needed to make a big batch. As he cooked his mind wandered back to the fight they had. He smiled fondly as he looked over at his husband playing Shogi on his own.

"You're insane," Naruto cursed as he tried hiding his bruises. "People are going to throw you in jail if this ever shows during the day."

Shikaku stood behind him with a cheeky smirk as he reached out to trace his teeth marks. "I think you look wonderful, all mine."

"This is just your possessive tone talking, it's disgusting and if you ever flip like that again I'll rip you apart! Literally," Naruto snarled, his eyes flashing red for a moment.

Shikaku backed up with a weary smile. "Noted, noted please don't kill me."

Naruto's eyes mellowed out in a look of understanding. "Shikaku, I love jealous you but that day was awful. I could never imagine myself going through that again. It was painful."

"I promise you Naruto, you won't ever have to."

True to his word, they never had another argument.

Not once, ever.