Chapter 791

Meanwhile, with Jay - Jay's POV: After finishing a call with the team, I smiled as I made my way to the kitchen so that I could make myself a sandwich. I also decided that it was time to make Erin a smoothie. I didn't care if she was sleeping right now. She could stay in bed and fall back to sleep. However, she needed her nutrients. Setting my phone down on the counter, I went to the fridge to grab what I needed for the smoothie when I got a call. I went to check the caller ID and sighed. It was Voigt. Picking it up, I put the phone to my ear. "What's up Voigt?"

It was exactly what I already knew. "Did you give Erin her early afternoon protein smoothie yet today? She looked tired on the call." I sighed. "Hank, you read my mind. I am literally in the kitchen right now about to make it. Relax okay? I get you are her father figure and my de facto father-in-law but, I do know how to deal with a pregnant woman." Voigt was not convinced. "Has one of your ex-girlfriends had a baby with you?" I groaned and then reminded him about Will. "Sorry, didn't mean to groan. It's just...between you, Will and Natalie. I am frustrated."

Hank then understood. He then sighed. "Sorry, I get it. Your brother and sister-in-law care for you guys. I will let you be. Just take my advice and maybe give her it while you are on the call? Then you don't get these calls right after." I sighed. "Sure thing boss. Now listen, how about we end this call so that I can actually make her the smoothie?" He chuckled and agreed. "Sure thing Halstead. Talk later." We then hung up and I Walked over to the fridge to get what I needed.

I went to start making the smoothie when my phone rang again. Not checking the caller ID, I just went to answer it almost yelling. "Hank, Will, Natalie...Relax with the calls! I have this under control." That's when I heard Matt's voice. "What did Hank do to bug you this time?" I laughed. "Sorry, people have just been on my case to give Erin her smoothie because she looked tired on a recent team call." Matt liked it when I said that. "Does that happen to be the same smoothie that you gave me to try once?"

So that's why he's calling. "Let me guess, Gabby asked you for a drink but you want her to eat something...so, you are calling me to get the recipe for that smoothie you liked?" He then sighed. "Is it really that obvious?" I laughed. "Yes, it is. Now, how about we do it together since I am literally doing it. You have oranges and yogurt?" Matt went to check in his fridge. "Got some. Does it matter the yogurt?" I shook my head. "Nope. Just grab your blender." That's when I heard him yell for Gabby. "Gabby, where's the blender?"

Hearing her voice in the background, I was not happy. "Under the counter. Cupboard next to the stove." He then opened the cupboard and went to grab it. Once he was back on the phone, I spoke to him. "Can you not yell into the phone? I actually need my hearing for my job. Oh, and for when my kid is crying in a few months." Matt chuckled. "Now, the smoothie?" I smiled and instructed him how to make the smoothie. After 5 minutes of going through it with him step-by-step (and therefore making my process of making the smoothie longer), they were both ready.

Matt obviously took a sip and smiled. "Okay, that's good. I wrote down the recipe but, can you text it to me to make sure I got it all right?" I agreed. "Sure thing. Now listen, how about you go give the smoothie you made to your wife and I'll do the same?" Matt chuckled. "Sure thing man. Tell Erin I said hi. Oh, and tell her to relax. I know you guys are at what now 5 months?" I smiled. "Yes, we are halfway there. Nesting is in full effect." Matt agreed. "Enjoy it, I never got too."

I felt bad when I said that. "I am so sorry Matt, I forgot about your circumstances." He just brushed it off. "Jay, it's okay. Your circumstances are different than mine. Now, let's get off the phone so that you can give it to Erin before Hank texts her and asks if she got her smoothie yet. Then, when she says no.." I interrupted him so that it wouldn't happen. "Bye Matt. Let's not make that happen." Matt chuckled. "Bye Jay. Thanks again." I then grabbed my phone and smiled as I grabbed the smoothie before making my way upstairs to the bedroom.