Chapter 778

Matt's POV: After putting Matteo in his nursery and turning on the baby monitor from in there, I smiled as I quietly closed the door. I then decided to go place the sheets on the pull out couch. However, I was going to leave it open because it gave us more space to sit down. Once that was done, I finally made my way to bed with my clothes that I left on the floor. Walking into me and Gabby's bedroom, I smirked at the sight of her in bed wearing her lingerie while putting my clothes in the laundry basket we had at the end of our bed.

Looking at her as she laid down in bed with the covers open, I smirked. "Why must I have been blessed with the most gorgeous wife in the entire world?" Gabby smiled at me as she waited for me to get in bed. I was already in my boxers as I walked over to my side of the bed and then got in. Moving close to her under the covers, I smiled as I put my hand on her hip and brought her against my chest. "What I saw out there was amazing. You looked so gorgeous." Gabby smiled when I said that before kissing me.

"Does it have anything to do with what I am wearing tonight?" Moving my hand down her body, I smirked before moving my hand up and down her leg. I then moved to run my hand up her leg and then her nightie to please her. "Oh, it has everything with what you are wearing. It was quite a shock to me and if we are being honest, it turned me on so must that I literally wanted to just tug you onto my chest and kiss you. I didn't even care that Matteo was there." 

Gabby smiled as she grabbed my neck before kissing me softly. "You positive you're an adult or are you still a hormonal teenager in a man's body?" I chuckled and smiled as I felt her run her hand down my chest. "Hey, the things we do to keep the spark alive." Gabby then bit her lip. "Do you think we are already loosing our spark?" When I heard that, I knew I messed up when I spoke like that. "No, of course not. Gabby, we've only been married for 2 months. Trust me, that hasn't...nor will it even happen. Gabby, you're the love of my life."

Gabby smiled when I said that before rubbing my cheek. "Okay, I was just worried. I never want us to loose our spark. If there's no spark...then I don't want you to force yourself to love me if you don't feel that way anymore." Gabby then moved her hand to my chest. Grabbing her arm, I looked at her and sighed. "Gabby, we are never going to loose our spark. We both know that it hasn't gone away since we first met. Matteo is evidence of that."

Gabby smiled when I said that because it was true. When she was back in town, we agreed that it wasn't going to be a big deal if we went together. But, it ended up being a big deal. It was such a big deal that it actually changed our lives forever. It gave us the family we always wanted, it got us back together forever and it led to us being married again. Also, it led to Gabby coming home permanently. It led to my heart feeling whole again. She's a part of me and nobody will ever fill the void I felt in my heart when she was gone.

"Gabby, while you were in Puerto Rico...I always felt like there was a hole in my heart. Something I thought another woman could fill. However, they never could. It's because what was missing was my wife. The woman I love, and the love of my life. One Gabriella Casey." Gabby smiled when I said that and nodded. "I felt the same way. It felt wrong not being with you in Puerto Rico. And listen, I get you wanted to stay here and you had every reason to but....I really would've loved to have you there. It would've kept a part of Chicago with me."

I was about to say something but Gabby continued. "And not just a part of Chicago but, the most important part. Even though I was in Puerto Rico, I never felt like I was fully there. Sure, my head and physical body was there. But, my heart was always in Chicago. I tried my best to love the situation I was in but...after a while, I started to become miserable. I literally just took it one day at a time." I felt bad for her when she said that. "Then why didn't you come home?"

Gabby sighed and looked at me. "Because I didn't think there was anything to come to. So, I decided to turn my attention towards the fundraising part. And it filled the void for a while because I got to travel the world. However, even then it was wrong. But like I said, I didn't come home because I didn't know if there was anything to come home to. Antonio was in Puerto Rico and I didn't know if you would take me back. I mean, I hurt you so bad."

I nodded and understood where she was coming from. "Gabby, I hope you know now that I would've taken you back in an instant. I always regretted how we ended things. And I always said, if I had a chance to change things...I would've. But, I knew I couldn't just leave Chicago. It's my home." Gabby nodded and then moved to kiss me softly. "Our home. However, maybe someday we can go together at least for a bit. You need to see what it's like down there. Maybe if you had come, you could've made an informed decision." I nodded and smiled at her.

"What do you say we go for thanksgiving? See what life would've been like down there with Matteo and us. That way we can feed the hungry and stuff." Gabby thought about it and bit her lip. "Maybe in the future, I am not comfortable travelling with COVID." I nodded and understood. "Sorry I asked." Gabby looked at me and then grabbed my hand. "Matt, never apologize for offering to go help people in need. Honestly, I would love to go back. However, this time...I am only going back with you. I was already thinking of going back when they need to build more houses. Maybe then my contractor husband can help build some houses."

I smiled when she said that. "And what? Get all sweaty?" Gabby smirked as she put her hand on my face. "It would be quite attractive. You might also get a lot of showers with me." I looked at her and was about to kiss her. "Sorry, need to calm down if you don't want me to pounce on you." Gabby chuckled and smiled. "Okay, I got it. Listen, we should get to bed. You know I like going to be earlier these days. Catch up on my beauty sleep." Matt smiled and then went to kiss me. "Not that you need it. You are already drop deep gorgeous."

I smiled when he said that before looking at him. I then rolled over to shut off my lamp when I felt Matt moved right up behind me. Wrapping his arm around me, I smiled as he grabbed my hand and then intertwined our fingers. That's when I felt his lips on my back. "I love you." I smiled when he said that like I always do. "I love you too." I then moved to roll over in his arms, cuddling up to him as we held each other close. Smiling as I wrapped my arms around his neck, Matt just held me close until we eventually fell asleep in each other's arms.