Chapter 739

Firehouse 51 - In the Garage:

Severide's POV: As I walk into the garage with Jenn, I smile as she holds my hand. She's quite nervous about meeting all of my friends especially because of COVID. Looking at her, I sigh. "Jenn, it'll be fine. People will love you. And they are so happy for us. Plus, this stress is not good for the baby." That definitely was true. I mean, she was 4 months pregnant with our daughter after all. Jenn just looked at me. "We telling them the gender today?"

I nodded and smiled. "We are all here today so yes. Not everyday that my friends Matt and Gabby come to the firehouse. They're the one with the newborn remember?" Jenn nodded when I saw Stella walk up to us. God, this was going to be awkward. "Awh, if it isn't the lovely new couple." I sighed and looked at Jenn. "Jenn, this is my friend and ex-girlfriend, Stella." Jenn then looked at me. "Please tell me this is the only ex I'm meeting today."

Stella nodded. "Trust me, he hasn't had any serious relationships other than me and you. However, I broke his heart." I glared at her and sighed. Jenn perked up when she said that before nodding when I heard Matt walk up with Gabby. "Hey, is that Severide's future girl?" I turned to look at him and smiled. "Girlfriend." I went to shake his hand. "Surprised you came today. Especially in uniform, thought you lost them in the fire."

Matt smiled. "I came in last week and got us some new ones. How far along is she?" I turned to look at Jenn and smiled. "4 months. We're making an announcement today so stay around after the ceremony." Gabby nodded and smiled. "You found out the gender?" I nodded. Of course she would know that it would be the gender. She was literally just pregnant. I then smiled when I saw Sylvie and Antonio walk up. "Surprised this one is letting you back here after 2 weeks ago."

Turning around to look at her brother, Gabby smiled and went to hug him. "Hey bro. I need to talk to you quick." He nodded and let Sylvie's hand go. She then walked over to me and smiled. "How are you Kelly? Where's the other expectant mother?" I went and pointed to the garage. "In there. How far along are you?" Sylvie smiled. "I'm 2 months. However, I deliver in 5 months."

I looked at her confused. "Thought it was 9?" Sylvie then smiled. "Twins." I nodded and understood now. "Well, looks like our kids might share birthdays." Sylvie chuckled and smiled before walking into the firehouse to see Chief Boden. "Boden." Boden smiled at us all. "Thought I heard some voices I recognized." I was about to walk in when I heard him say that but then turned my head to see Antonio and Gabby fighting. "Matt, you may want to deal with that?" I went and pointed at Antonio and Gabby. Matt nodded as he turned around and walked over.

Matt's POV: After making my way down the driveway to talk to Gabby and Antonio, I went and wrapped my arm around Gabby to calm her down. "What's going on here?" Gabby just looked at me. "He wanted to talk to me about us hosting. Thinks we should because of COVID." I just glared at him. "Antonio, your home is bigger and we have a baby." Antonio then sighed. "Well, I have someone else in town that mom won't want to see."

Gabby then looked at him. "Oh god, is dad out on bond?" Antonio sighed. "Because of COVID, they've released come non-violent criminals. He's staying with me and Sylvie in the basement." I just looked at him. "And you are just telling me this now?" Antonio nodded. "He's on an ankle monitor. If he leaves my place, he's back to Statesville. Gabby, regardless of what you think of him...you have to admit you don't want him to die of COVID."

Me and Gabby both sighed. "Then we're going to just have to do it via Skype. Sorry Antonio but, we can't host. Our place is too small and we need to stay apart a bit." Antonio nodded and agreed. He then went and saw Boden come out. "I think they need us to start the ceremony." Turning around to look at Boden, I nodded. "Be right there chief!" I then sighed and looked at Antonio. "Listen, we'll talk about this at our place after." Antonio nodded and agreed.

We then all made our way over to the ceremony so that we could remember our friends. Before we began, Antonio walked over to Chief and shook his hand. "Hope you don't mind if I join? Sylvie wanted to be here and I wanted to be here for Gabby. It's her first Veteran's Day in Chicago since Shay died apparently." Boden nodded and agreed. "Antonio, you're family. You're Gabby's brother, Matt's brother-in-law, and you are the father of Sylvie's child. Oh, and you're CPD."

Antonio nodded and smiled. "Listen, let's get this show on the road. Our mom is at Matt and Gabby's place. Sylvie hasn't met her yet." I turned to look at Antonio when he said that. "Oh, we are so talking after the ceremony." I was not happy about that. I mean seriously, he hasn't introduced his pregnant girlfriend to his mom yet...and he's expecting us to host their first meeting? Not a chance. I am not having a yelling match happen in my home.

I could tell Gabby wasn't happy about it either because right after Antonio said that, she led me away to some seats. And let me just say this, those seats were much closer to the memorial than they were to Antonio and Sylvie. I could tell this was going to be a hard, stressful day. Not just for Gabby but for me too. Antonio was getting it from me afterwards. I mean, he's a dad. He should know that he should've told his parents before we all got together.