Chapter 639

Matt's POV: As me and Gabby walked into Chief's office, I was nervous. Knocking on his door, we looked at him. "Chief, can we talk?" He looked up at us and nodded. "Of course." Gabby walked in and then rubbed her hands. He just looked at us. "Are you pregnant again?" We stared at him. "No, of course not." Gabby shook her head. "No, it's actually about last night's announcement."

Chief looked at us. "You mean about COVID?" We both nodded and I explained. "Chief, we need to take time to figure stuff out. Matteo is young and we don't know what this all is. We may be paramedics but, we need to be parents first. So, for the health and safety of our son...we need to take an undetermined paid leave of absence from CFD in order to protect us."

Chief looked at us and nodded. "Health first right?" I nodded. "Chief, you have to understand. Matteo is our miracle child. We need to take whatever precautions to protect him." Chief nodded. "Okay, I will talk to HQ and tell them you're off. I understand because I have Terrence. Donna actually just got told they are closing the schools." 

Wow, that was a big step. "Okay, so...can you talk to everybody? We need to go meet up with Will and Natalie at the hospital to get Matteo. Then we're going home. If you don't see us for a while...we are bunkering down at our apartment." He nodded and smiled. "Stay safe." We both nodded and then walked out of the office, ready to go home.