Chapter 660

Matt's POV: When Violet asked me if the only reason I'm back with Gabby is because of Matteo, I was shocked. "Just curious Violet, did your mom put that in your head?" Violet shook her head. "No, it's one of my friends. Her parents have never been together. They had her after a one night stand between friends apparently." I was shocked, things teenagers knew now. I then sighed.

"Listen Violet, it's more complicated than that. It's stuff you don't need to know. However, I can say this. Gabby leaving was the only reason we divorced. Had she stayed, we would've stayed married. That's the only reason we divorced. Sure, were we in a rough patch...yes. But, nothing we couldn't have resolved. I was committed to the marriage. However, Gabby needed to go."

Violet then added on. "Seems more like Gabby needed to leave the marriage because she wasn't happy anymore with you." I was about to say something when Gabby came out. "Violet, listen. If this is your mom speaking through you, please ignore what she says. The reasons for me leaving are none of your business. Yes, I left your uncle but...we are back together, happier than ever."

I looked at Gabby and nodded smiling. Walking over to me, she moved to wrap her arm around my waist before kissing me softly. "Matteo is asleep again." I nodded and smiled. "Listen, how about you talk to Violet about why you needed to leave? I want her to know the story from you. Not from her mom or me. Either that or we tell it together?" Gabby nodded.

"Let's do it together. Violet sit down and listen up because you are about to get the real reason I left. And just for the record Matt, I was committed to the marriage. It just wasn't the right time or place anymore because of emotional stuff." I nodded and understood. "I know Gabby." Gabby smiled and came to hug me. I then kissed her head and sighed. "Talk to Violet."

Gabby then nodded and went to sit with her, deciding to tell her side of the story to her.