Chapter 650

Gabby's POV: As I came back from getting the cards, I saw Matt on his phone. He was currently in the middle of reading an e-mail. "Who's the e-mail from?" He turned his head and looked at me. "Oh, one of my friends on City Council." I was shocked. I didn't even know he still kept in touch with them. "From our ward or another ward?" He smiled. "Another ward, Ward 1."

I nodded and went to sit next to him with the cards. "What you e-mailing about?" Matt looked at me. "I want to know what the city is doing for COVID and what their plans are. I'm thinking of trying to help out somehow. Maybe be a spokesperson or just someone who can help spread the message of what people should do." I nodded, loving the idea. 

"That's great. But first, let me talk to the union. See if they are doing something. If so, we may need to participate in that before we participate in anything city related. If we want to keep our benefits, we may need to either find remote office jobs with CFD or, we may need to do PSAs on behalf of the Chicago Fire Department. However, I think the city should have a joint-task force."

Matt turned his head and looked at me. "You mean between Med, CFD and CPD?" I nodded. "Might be easier. That way they can share information about COVID." Matt smiled. "Maybe I could contact the council and see if they want help running something like that." I looked at him and shook my head. "Matt, relax. We have an opportunity for paid leave with Matteo, let's relax."

Matt nodded and agreed before smiling. "Okay." He then set his phone down on the table. "What game we playing?" I went to deal out some cards. "Let's start with War. That's a fun one." Matt chuckled when I said that. "God, we are going to go back to being kids for a while aren't we?" I nodded and smiled, going to kiss him softly as we played a game of war. "Poker after?"

Matt nodded and agreed again, ready to play a game of war before teaching me poker.