Chapter 725

Matt's POV: As I made my way to the bathroom to (hopefully) fix things with Gabby, I saw her standing at the counter in her sweats. I then moved to walk in and stood behind her. "Gabby." She then looked at me in the mirror. "A control freak? Seriously. You really call me that now!" Sighing as I tried to turn her around, she did but didn't get close. Instead, she put her finger on my chest. "We are currently in a health crisis, we have a newborn son and I am also trying to keep the stress down so that I can keep my mental health in check!"

Going to hold her closer to my chest, I leaned my forehead against hers to calm her down. "I'm sorry okay? It's just...I don't even know why I said that. It was stupid, rude and not true. I mean, yes...your actions come across that way but, it's because you care. You want to keep our family healthy and I love you for that. Gabby, please don't shut me out and let's try and work this out." Gabby sighed and nodded as she grabbed my neck. She then kissed me softly. "Okay, we will."

I then kissed her again while grabbing her sides and holding her close to me. "Gabby, I am not criticizing you for being this way. You do whatever you need to do in order to keep your mental health in a good place. I get how worried you are because I am just as worried. For your health, for my health and for Matteo's health. However, you need to talk to me baby. You need to let me in and tell me what's going on in your head."

Gabby agreed and nodded as she hugged me. Feeling her arms wrap themselves around my neck, I moved to run my hands up her back and just held her close. I then moved to grab the back of her head and started to feel Gabby relax in my arms. I hadn't even realized how stressed she truly was. "Gabby, do you need to talk? You feel so tense." Gabby sighed and looked at me. "Matt, we are not doing this here when you're covering from being kidnapped."

I sighed and then leaned back to look at her. "Gabby, open up to me. Talk to me. I am here for you just like you're always there for me." Grabbing her hands, I moved to intertwine our fingers while looking at her. Gabby then sighed. "For once in my life, I just wanted something to be easy. Having kids was hard but getting you back was so easy. Now, we are fighting again and I feel this stress in between us that's scaring me." I sighed and looked at her. 

I then moved to kiss her forehead while letting go of her hands and putting my hands next to her on the counter. Moving her hands to my back, Gabby rubbed it while feeling my lips on her forehead. "Gabby, nothing in life is easy. We both know that. Yes, we got back together so easily because it was the right thing to do. We're meant to be together and you're the only one I want to be with for the rest of my life. But, we need to talk more."

Gabby nodded and agreed before moving her hands to my chest. "Can we just head to bed and hold each other close? We can keep talking until we fall asleep okay?" I nodded and agreed, grabbing her hand and intertwining our fingers. I then went and shut the bathroom light off before leading her back to bed where we spent the next hour talking about everything that's on our mind. After that, we fell asleep in each other's arms, glad we resolved eerything.