Chapter 654

Violet's POV: After spending the last half hour eating lunch with my uncle Matt and aunt Gabby, I was now sitting on the couch with my cousin. He was adorable. Holding him in my lap, I smiled as he just laid there in my arms. I then heard my uncle Matt talk to Gabby. "God, she's a natural. I swear, it's like she's a big sister." I turned to look at them and smiled. "Didn't my mom tell you?"

Matt then looked at me. "Tell me what?" I smiled. "My dad had another kid." I saw my uncle Matt groan. "With his secretary?" I nodded, not understanding why it was a bad thing. "My stepmother." Gabby then looked at him. "Matt, she's her stepmother now. Please...be nice" My uncle nodded and then walked over to me. "Sorry, the relationship between me and your father isn't the best anymore. Sure, it was great when your parents first married but...not anymore."

I looked at him concerned when he sat down next to me. "Did my dad do something?" He put his hand on my knee and sighed. "It's nothing you need to worry about. Now listen, your mom just texted me and told me that she told you to bring your laptop?" I nodded and sighed, of course she did. So much for getting out of homework while I'm here with my uncle.

"How about you show me your school website and we can check if you have any homework?" I nodded and then understood. "Let me grab it and set it up on the table." Matt nodded and went to grab Matteo out of my arms. I then went to grab my laptop from the guest bedroom I was going to be staying in so that I could get my homework done. Thanks a lot mom.