Chapter 768

At Antonio's, in the Study. 

Antonio's POV: As I sit at my desk in the office, I speak with the intelligence team as I work on helping with reports and remote undercover work that deals mostly with computers. That's when I hear my phone ring. I check to see it's Gabby and get a bit worried. I look at Voigt because he is talking and decide to ignore it and instead, I text Gabby. "Hey Gabs, on call with team. What's up?" Gabby then wrote back. "Not something I can send on text."

I sighed and then went to mute my mic. I then went and called her. She answered right away. "Hey sis, what's up?" She sounded worried. "Antonio, I just ran into the crew from Ambo 51. Foster and Stella. I don't want to worry you but...their latest call was to Laura's place and it was a COVID call." I heard that and couldn't help but get worried. It was the the location and type of call I never wanted to hear. "Oh my god, listen. She's going to call. I need to also get off work."

Gabby agreed. "Okay, let me know." I then hung up and got scared. I then unmuted my mic and went to speak with the team. "Voigt!" Voigt then turned to look at me, not happy I interrupted Atwater. "This better be good." I then sighed. "I need to go. Family emergency. Apparently, there's a COVID situation going on at my ex's place. Diego is currently there." He then looked at me in the camera and nodded. "Of course, go ahead Antonio. Keep us in the loop." I nodded and then hung up before going to call Laura.

Getting up, I sighed when I finally got through to her. "Laura!" Laura then got scared. "Antonio, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. He snuck out to go to the neighbors last week. They played Xbox." I then got scared and sighed. "Laura, calm down. This isn't your fault. However, you are for sure to going to be dealing with this alone. I know you already called the ambulance because Gabby heard the call and called me. She was out with Matt and talking to her friends. Firehouse 51 got the call and they know that it's one of their own's nephew. I am going to call ahead to the hospital and tell them that Diego is coming in." Laura agreed. "Okay, thanks. Do I go with him?"

I sighed and shook my head. "Laura, go with him. I will take care of everything with your work and everything. You just concentrate on him and keep me in the loop. I have Eva and will contact the school. Just concentrate on him." Laura agreed. "Thanks. Talk later." I then hung up and sighed when I heard Sylvie come out. "Everything okay Antonio?" I turned to look at her and shook my head. "Diego is on his way to the hospital. Apparently, he has signs of COVID." 

Sylvie then got nervous and came to hug me. "It's okay Antonio, he's a fighter just like his dad and will be okay." I nodded and then moved to kiss her. "Listen, I need to go talk to Eva okay? I need some time with her because she can't hear this from anybody from me. That okay?" She nodded and understood. "Do you know who is picking him up?" I nodded. "Your firehouse." Sylvie nodded. "Good, they are family and will take care of him." I smiled and nodded. "I have to go talk to Eva okay?" Sylvie nodded and agreed. Getting up, I then kissed her forehead before making my way upstairs from the basement to go talk to Eva in her room.