Chapter 727

Matt's POV: After finishing up in the shower, I came out to see Gabby was putting a dress on rather than some jeans and a t-shirt. I was a little shocked but decided to walk up behind her in my towel. "I like the sight of this." Gabby turned around and smiled. "Want to show off how I look now just 2 months after giving birth." I smiled and agreed as before stepping close to her. "Let me get dressed and then I'll give you a kiss." I walked away and smirked. "God, you are such a tease sometimes!" Walking over to my dresser, I chuckled while grabbing some boxers.

Putting them on under my towel, I then put some socks on. "Can you check the weather for me? It's been warmer than usual. Don't want to overdress." Gabby then looked at me. "You're wearing a jacket and long sleeves. It's cold." I nodded as I took off my towel before grabbing some jeans. I then slipped them on before turning around. I then saw that Gabby was holding a shirt. "I am assuming you picked out a shirt you think I'm going to look good in?" She nodded and smiled. "Yes, it's one that matches my dress."

I chuckled and nodded, going to grab it on before putting it on. I then looked at it and smiled, tugging my arms through the long sleeves. Gabby then smiled at me, wrapping her arms around my waist before stepping close to me. She then kissed me softly before rubbing my back. "We have the morning without Matteo. Antonio is coming for lunch with him." I agreed and smiled. "He going to stay?" Gabby nodded and smiled. "Might as well."

I then smiled while going to grab my wallet and phone from my side table before walking back over to Gabby. Grabbing her hand and intertwining our fingers, I smiled as I led her out of the bedroom. "So, do you know who exactly is going to be there?" Gabby smiled. "Basically, just our regular shift so...Severide, Hermann, Cruz, etc." I nodded and smiled. "Are their families coming?" Gabby then looked at me. "Not that I know of. So, let's not bring Matteo." I nodded and agreed before walking over to the closet. 

Grabbing our jackets for me and Gabby, I passed hers to her before bending down to grab my shoes. Slipping them on quickly, I then went to put my jacket and zipping it up. I smiled at Gabby when she was ready because she looked great. "If anybody whistles at this, let me know. Because you look sexy as hell." Gabby chuckled and nodded. "And I'm all yours for the rest of your life." Stepping close to me, she smiled while grabbing my jacket.

I then moved my arms around her, putting my hands on her butt as I leaned down to kiss her softly. "Let's go see the team." Gabby smiled. "We are not sitting close to them okay? We are sitting at distance just to let you know. We need to be at a distance to protect Matteo." I nodded and agreed. "Call Hermann and tell him that okay? In the car." Gabby nodded and agreed before grabbing my hand and leading me out to the car so we could go have breakfast.