Chapter 678

Gabby's POV: After watching Matt change my name on file, I was glad that we made it official on our account. My name was now Gabriella Casey per the records at CFD. It was nice to share his last name at work now. But, he needed to know that while it might have changed in my file, it was not changing when we spoke. "Just to let you know, that's only technical. My work name is still Dawson." Matt nodded as he looked at me. "Yes, easier for radio stuff."

I was about to kiss him when I got a call. I was going to ignore it when I saw it was Boden thanks to the Caller ID I have on my iPad. Rolling over to grab my phone, I went to grab it. "Hi Chief, how can I help you?" I spoke quietly as to not wake Matteo before deciding to put it on speaker as Matt wanted to hear too. "I was just doing personnel file updates here at the firehouse and I can't find yours. Did you quit the CFD without telling me?"

I smiled at Matt. "Chief, look at Casey. There should be 2 Caseys now." Boden then replied. "Aw, there you are. Casey, G. Did you decide to update your name?" I smiled. "In official forms, yes. I am going to start using Casey because I want to share a name with Matt and Matteo. However, it will still be Dawson at work." Chief agreed with us. "I will try and remember." Matt then looked at me. "I am okay with her being Dawson-Casey if it makes it easier in the system?"

I looked at him and smiled while kissing his cheek softly. Moving his hand to my leg, he smiled while rubbing it. "That makes it a lot easier on us. With or without the hyphen though?" I thought about it. "With the hyphen. That way, alphabetically...it will be under Dawson." Boden agreed and went to change it in the system. I then updated the page on my iPad and smiled. "Chief remind me when I ever come back to the firehouse to get an updated picture."

Me and Matt both clicked on it and stared at it. "Yikes." Matt stared at me. "Yeah, we need to update that picture. It's old." Chief then replied. "We will do that when the pandemic is over. CFD is starting to go even more digital anyways. Instead of keys to get into the firehouse, there's talk of using pass keys for everything." I sighed. "Well Chief, it is 2020." Boden agreed and smiled. "Okay, well I'm going to let you go because...Truck 81, Engine 51, Squad, Ambulance 51." We then heard them all have to go. "Bye chief." We then hung up and sighed.

"Well, that was complicated." Matt nodded and agreed before before putting his iPad down on his side table. He then tugged me close to him and wrapped his arms around me. "I don't care what name you use okay? As long as in private and in your personal life, you are my Mrs. Casey." I smiled when he said that and put my hand on his face. I then went to kiss him as we held each other close. I then moved to wrap my arms around his neck and just held him. 

Matt then smiled as he rubbed my back, enjoying the feeling of me in his arms because we both missed the feeling. "What do you say after Matteo's nap we take a walk around the block?" I thought about it and sighed as I leaned back to look at him. "Matt, the pandemic remember?" He nodded and understood. "Movies?" I agreed and nodded. "Now that we have a tv in our room, it'll be so nice." Matt smiled and nodded. "Here, put it on Netflix and we'll watch a movie."

I smiled and nodded before reaching over him on his side table to grab the remote. That's when he tugged me onto his chest and I looked down into his eyes. "You did that on purpose didn't you?" Matt chuckled and nodded. "Maybe." I then leaned down and kissed him softly before grabbing the remote and turning on the tv. Laying down against him instead of on his chest while nuzzling my head in his neck, I turned my head to look at the tv while feeling Matt's hand on my back. 

I decided to stay there since I was comfortable. And it was something I could finally do comfortably. My baby bump was finally gone and now, there was no big bump in between us when we cuddled. It was amazing and something I missed. He then looked at me, allowing me to help pick a movie before eventually starting it for the both of us.