Chapter 686

Matt's POV: After walking into the firehouse with Sylvie (and secretly sending a text to Antonio while walking in), we made our way to Boden's office. I still had my rank as Paramedic-in-Chief and he damn well was going to listen to me when I tell him that Sylvie needed to be reassigned to dispatch. She was currently 2 months pregnant with my niece or nephew and she was here at the firehouse during the pandemic! That was not going to stand. And I am damn well sure going to be telling Antonio. He's going to be pissed.

Walking up to Boden's office, I knocked and smiled when he looked up. "Matt, what a nice surprise." I walked in with Sylvie and then looked at him. "Not for me. I'm here as PIC right now. And I demand answers. Has Sylvie not talked to you?" Chief looked at me, seemingly confused. Sylvie sighed. "Matt, please relax." I looked at Boden again. "You're putting me in a hard place Sylvie! As PIC, I have to look out for my paramedics. And, I am also this baby's uncle!"

Chief then looked at me. "Sylvie, I talked to you about this. Did you lie to me when you said Antonio was okay with this? He is the father and does have a right to protect you." I turned to look at him. "He's not just the father. He's also her live-in boyfriend." Boden nodded. He could tell I was not happy, which also meant that Gabby wasn't happy. We spoke about this. We all agreed between the parents and pregnant couples (Jay and Erin included) that the women should be on desk duty. 

Sylvie looked at me. "Matt, please don't tell Antonio." I turned to look at her. "Oh, it's too late for that. He should be here in a few minutes." Antonio then walked in with a mask. "More like a few seconds. I rushed here the moment I learned that Sylvie was working here." He turned to look at Sylvie. "What are you doing here at the firehouse? You're pregnant! We both know what the doctor said. Either desk duty or sick leave. I wanted you on sick leave!"

I looked at Boden and then gave him a signal that we should give them a minute. He agreed and walked out with me.