Chapter 736

Matt's POV: After making us some popcorn to eat while we watched a movie, I saw Gabby all snuggled up under the blanket. I felt bad that I was going to have to disturb how comfortable she was because I wanted to join her under the blanket. Let's just hope she lets me in under her. "You too comfortable to move or do you have room under there for some company?" Looking up at me, she smiled as she got up. "I always have room for my big teddy bear." I laughed as I set the popcorn down on the table before going to lay down on the couch with a pillow behind my back.

Looking at me when I was all comfortably, Gabby smiled as she moved to sit in between my legs before laying down against my chest. Tugging the covers up before wrapping my arm around her back, I smiled while kissing her head. This was always how I liked to hold her on the couch because it was the most comfortable and relaxing way to hold her. "Comfortable?" Gabby just nodded as she put her head on my shoulder and then reached for the popcorn. "Can you pass me the popcorn? I can't reach because of how far the table is."

I chuckled and nodded before bringing the popcorn closer before moving to run my fingers through her hair. Kissing her forehead softly, I then turned to look at Matteo who was sitting in his chair next to us. I then moved to rub his cheek and smiled. "Now this is the best way to spend a day inside. With my loved ones all close and snuggled up to me while we watch TV or a movie." Gabby smiled and nodded while going to grab some popcorn.

That's when the movie got a bit loud, loud enough to make Matteo cry since he was scared. I then sighed while looking at Gabby. "You want me to comfort him?" Gabby shook her head. "I got it, it's easier for me to get up than you anyways." I agreed and just let her go. Getting up to grab Matteo from his chair, Gabby sighed as she rocked him before kissing his head. "It's okay buddy, it's just a movie. There wasn't supposed to be a bang though. There's never any in Hallmark movies." I chuckled when she said that. "Well, you can't say that anymore."

Gabby then nodded and turned to look at me when Matteo was calm again. She then decided to keep him in her arms. "Here, let's just keep him in our arms. Family snuggle and movie time." I nodded and agreed, liking the idea. "If you put him on my chest, it's easier for you to snuggle up to me as well." Gabby nodded and agreed before passing me Matteo. Moving him into my chest, I smiled when he grabbed my shirt and just laid there quietly. Gabby then got back on the couch next to me before tugging the covers up again. 

Moving my arm around her waist, I smiled as I kissed her forehead and wrapped my arm around her tight. "You can restart the movie now." She nodded and agreed before going to grab the remote. Pressing play on the movie, we both smiled as we spent time together as a family. "I swear, this is turning out to be the routine isn't it? TV and family time?" Gabby nodded and smiled. "We can always talk during the movie just to let you know." I nodded and agreed. "I was just going to ask about something anyways."

Turning her head to look at me. "What do you need to ask me about?" I sighed, knowing she might not like the idea. "I was planning on going to the station's Veteran's Day Service. I know it's risky and stuff but...I feel like I still need to pay my respects to my fallen brothers-in-arms. I know, it's not the healthiest thing to do but...I need to pay my respects like always." Gabby nodded and grabbed my hand. "I'm going to go too. Need to pay my respects to shay." I nodded before kissing her forehead. "What do we do about him?"

Gabby smiled. "I never said I was getting out. I was going to watch from the car. However, I would love to watch you participate. This is Matteo's first Veteran's Day and I want him to watch his dad in his sexy uniform...doing the formal drills." I nodded and agreed before kissing my forehead softly. "I am going to talk to Boden first about what we are doing. That and I need to get a new uniform." Gabby then looked at me and sighed. "You lost it in the fir didn't you?" 

I nodded and sighed. "Not something I wear everyday. I feel bad though because it was also my wedding suit. We also lost your uniform too so, we would both have to get new ones." Gabby nodded and agreed. "Then listen, go call Boden. It might take time to get new ones if we want them in time. He might need to order them like today or tomorrow at the latest." I nodded and agreed. "Even though it's family movie day?" 

Gabby looked at me. "It's for Shay. Trust me, if I can pay my respects to my best friend...I need to do it right. And that involves me wearing my formal uniform. At least, that's if we're doing it at all." I nodded and smiled at her. I then bent down to kiss her softly. "I want to go to Med's service too okay? Pay our respects to the nurses and doctors who have given up their lives either because they caught COVID or due to mental health issues they've gotten."

Gabby nodded and agreed. "Of course, that sounds perfect. Now, I am going back to the movie. Call Boden and get it all ready." I nodded and agreed, getting up to go make the call.

QUICK NOTE TO READERS: I am going to be doing a quick skip in between this chapter and the next chapter. More specifically, 10 days. That means the next chapter will be on Veteran's Day Morning.