Chapter 699

Matt's POV: As Gabby walked out to the bedroom with a towel around her body, I followed her because I needed to fix this. Gabby must already know that I didn't mean that. I mean...does she really believe that I would try and get her pregnant? It's what led her to divorce me in the first place. The fact that I wouldn't get her pregnant. Now, she's mad that I joke about it? It must be that time of the month because right now, she's really hormonal and emotional.

Looking at her as she goes to grab some clothes, I sigh. "Gabby, you know I was just joking in there." Gabby turned to look at me, not happy. "What you described in there Matt was rape!" I looked at her and nodded before going to sit on the bed. "I'm sorry. It's just...hard to joke about that. And I wasn't talking about you not wanting to have sex. I was talking about going so far as if you don't want to have kids. And me not talking precautions. That's all I meant."

Gabby sighed when she put some underwear on before grabbing her bra. "Still, you shouldn't even say stuff like that because it hurts. It hurts me and makes me feel like something you can replace." I stared at her. "Gabby, we both know that isn't true. You're my wife and the love of my life. Nothing and nobody can replace you or how I feel about you." Getting up and walking over to her, I moved to stand behind her at her dresser.

Just wearing her underwear and a bra, Gabby turned around in my arms before putting her hand on my chest. "Matt, I'm sorry that I'm all emotional. It's just...I don't want to think about Matteo growing up without me. And hearing you talk about me possibly getting pregnant scares me because, what if I don't survive another pregnancy? It's why we ended the last pregnancy." Grabbing her waist, I brought her close to me to give her comfort.

"Matt, I get you don't want to hurt me and I get it's not something you think about....but when you talk about pregnancies and having more kids, it hurts me." I moved to grab her neck when she said that, feeling bad. "It reminds me that I can't give you more kids and get pregnant again naturally, how I can't do one of my jobs as a wife without having to ask you to wear a condom. That's why this is so hard. Matt, I want to be the one to give you kids."

I nodded before moving my lips to her forehead. Kissing it softly, I then moved to push her head up before bending down to kiss her softly. "And you will. We have other options. We have surrogacy. And, we can have it so that the baby is only related to us." I nodded and agreed before smiling. "I just wish we would've done it the first time. Maybe that's what's bugging me. Me having run away from you and our marriage when we didn't explore that option."

Walking away from me to go sit on the bed, I could tell that Gabby still had regrets about how we ended things last time around. "Just curious, do you feel like we need to talk about how our last marriage ended? Because, I really would rather not. I don't want to analyze it because we know most of the reasons. Loosing Louie, not being able to get pregnant and us always fighting. And I feel like we will just back to fighting more if we analyze it."

Gabby sighed as she laid back and in, looking at me. "I don't know. My mind is just everywhere with this much time to think. Maybe it's just me being overtired and needing sleep again. I've been stressed since we first heard about it. Maybe that's the problem. The things I'm scared of right now and things that are worrying me are just floating in my head. I can't stop thinking about all these things because of what's happening."

Walking over to her before sitting down next to her on the bed, I looked at her as I put my hand next to her. I then grabbed her hand and rubbed it as I looked into her eyes. "Would it help if I joined you in bed and we talked for a while? Or would that just make it worse?" Gabby sighed when she thought about it before rubbing my hand. "I think it would help to at least share what I am worrying about. But talking about it may be too much."

I nodded before smiling at her. "Then listen, I'll get in bed with you after I go to the washroom. Then, I'll listen to whatever you need to tell me. I promise." Gabby nodded and smiled when I said that before sitting up on the bed and leaning in to kiss my cheek. I turned to look at her and then pointed to my lips. "A real kiss please." She chuckled and nodded while grabbing my shirt. She then tugged my lips down to hers as we shared a nice kiss.

Pulling away, I smiled at her before leaning my forehead against hers. "I promise Gabby, everything is going be okay? We will work through everything together and we will make a plan to deal with whatever you are worrying about." Gabby nodded while grabbing my neck. She then rubbed my cheek with her thumb, keeping me close for a minute when I started to feel like I really had to go to the washroom. "Listen, I really need to go so just give me a few minutes then I'll be back." She nodded and agreed, finally letting me go so I could go to the washroom.

Getting up, I quickly made my way out of the bedroom and into the washroom. I was glad to get this over with because the sooner this was done, the faster I was back in bed with Gabby so we could talk about everything that's currently on her mind. And hopefully, I could give her reassurances that can ease the stress she is probably feeling right now.