I'm Here for You

Matt's POV: When Gabby said that she was here for me and that she was okay with me screaming in the middle of the night if I had that dream, I felt relieved. There was some nights when I literally had to try and hold it in. Or, I've had to get up and pretend to go to the washroom when all I really wanted to do was cry while holding her in my arms. I was still getting used to the fact that I needed to let her see my emotions. I always prided myself on being this tough firefighter who rarely showed my emotions. But, it's so different with Gabby.

"Matt, did you hear me? I said that I'm here for you." I nodded while looking at Gabby and nodded. "I heard you, it's just...something I have to get used to again. Even though we've been back together for 2 months...I still hate showing my emotions sometimes because I have the urge to be the glue that keeps his family together. To be the strong one." Gabby nodded as she just laid down close to me, letting me talk. Moving my hand to her back, I ran my fingers up and down her back as she laid her head down on my arm.

It felt nice to have her close. "Why must I be so lucky when it comes to having one of the best support teams around me?" Gabby smiled while slipping her legs in between mine and grabbing my neck. She then started to rub my cheek as she nuzzled her head into the space between mine and my arm. Grabbing her back so that I could hold her firmly against my chest, I smiled while turning my head and looking down into her eyes. I then bent down and started to kiss her slowly because it was what I needed right now.

Kissing me softly as she rubbed my cheek, I smiled while rubbing her back. I then pulled away and looked down at her. "I swear, everything just seems perfect in this moment." Gabby nodded and agreed with me when I heard my phone ring. Looking at Gabby, I decided to ignore it. "We are spending time together. Just me and my wife right now. Nobody gets to disturb it." Gabby nodded and agreed once again before deciding to push my over onto my back. 

Rolling over on top of me, I smiled as I grabbed her back before kissing her softly. "God, you're amazing." She chuckled when I said that and then grabbed my neck. "Last time I checked, I am amazing anytime I am laying down on top of you and giving you pleasure." She then bent down to kiss me while asking for entry into my mouth. I was shocked before she never did that. I was hesitant to do it at first, scared to go too far but decided that I could control myself.

Unfortunately, I wasn't right.