Chapter 732

Meanwhile at the District

Antonio's POV: As I wait to go inside, I smile at Matteo as I hold his car seat. That's when I saw Voigt walk past me. "Antonio, why aren't you inside yet?" I turned to look at my nephew and sighed. "They just texted. They'll be here momentarily. I promise I'll be right up. However, Sylvie's on break today. Her doctor needed her to go in." Voigt nodded and smiled. 

That's when I saw Matt and Gabby pull up. Gabby got out and smiled at me. "Sorry, we were at Molly's for breakfast." I just looked at her. "Gabby..." She looked at me. "It's closed to the general public. It was only first responders and healthcare providers. Trust me, we were safe." He nodded and smiled. "I hope Sylvie wasn't there." She shook her head. "She wasn't."

Gabby then looked at Matteo and smiled, bending down to tickle him. "Ready to come home buddy?" He smiled at her. Gabby then got up again and reached for the cooler and diaper bags. "Thanks again for the night, we needed it." I smiled at her. "How was the hotel?" Gabby smiled. "It was great. Now listen, you need to get to work. Don't need more friction between Voigt and Matt." He nodded and agreed. "We'll see each other soon."

Gabby nodded and smiled. "I'll be at the CPD Memorial on Veteran's Day." I nodded and agreed. "Only if you're okay after the CFD Memorial okay? I know it's your first one back." Gabby nodded again and smiled while going to put Matteo in the car. "Okay then. Listen, you get to work and I'll call you later." Waiving to Matt, I smiled at them both before making my way up the stairs.

Waiting until they pulled away from the building to go inside, I took a deep breath before walking into the district. That's when I saw Jay and Erin. Erin got out and gave him a kiss. Deciding to wait for him, I looked at them. After letting Erin go, Jay walked up to me. "You come from Molly's too?" He nodded. "Were Matt and Gabby just here?" I nodded. "I had Matteo." He nodded and remembered before walking in with me to get to work.