Chapter 663

Matt's POV: After getting Violet all set up in her bedroom and saying goodnight to her after dinner, I made my way back to the kitchen to see Gabby doing dishes. Walking up behind her, I moved my hands to her legs to try and give her comfort. "You've been quiet since we talked about my new situation at dinner with Violet." Gabby sighed as she went to put a dish down. She then turned to look at me and sighed. "I guess, I'm still scared that you aren't okay. I mean, have you even talked to your doctor since the last scan you had? You know, on Matteo's birthday eve."

I shook my head and sighed. "I should probably give them a call and see what my prognosis is but, I should let them concentrate on COVID right now. Right?" Gabby nodded as she stepped close to me, wrapping her arms around me while putting her head in the crook of my neck. I then moved my hands to her arms and rubbed them to try and give her some comfort. "Gabby, I'm here if you need to talk. Want to go sit on the couch or do you want to go to bed?" Gabby sighed and looked up at me. "I don't want to talk. I just want to hold you in my arms."

I nodded and understood. She didn't want to think of it. She just wanted to hold me close and never let me go. Anyways, we've had a long...hard 24 hours. "We also just learned this news about COVID exactly 24 hours ago now. Honestly, I think you've earned time where you can just relax in bed and concentrate on yourself...time where I can concentrate all my love and attention on you. My sister should be back tomorrow. So, I'll offer to pick her up at the airport with Violet." Gabby nodded and smiled. "Right now, can we just go relax in bed? I want to hold you close."

I nodded and smiled at her, kissing her softly. I then went and grabbed her hand, intertwining our fingers before leading her to the bedroom so that we could relax in bed together.