Chapter 640

Gabby's POV: Once me and Matt walked out to our car, we got in and drove away in silence. We didn't really know what to say. This news was big and we had to figure stuff out. That's when I felt Matt grab my hand. "Hey, we'll figure this out...I promise." I nodded and went to intertwine our fingers, nervous about everything. "At least we'll be home for a while."

He smiled at that when we drove up to the hospital. It wasn't a long drive. The distance between the hospital and the firehouse is much shorter during this time of the day. Pulling up, we smiled when we saw Will and Natalie get out with face masks. I looked at Matt. "I'll get him. Stay." Matt nodded and then watched me get out. Walking over to Natalie, I smiled.

"Hey, thanks for watching him." Natalie nodded. "Here, you might want this." I went to grab the face mask she was giving me and put it on. "Thanks. Now, we are going to be staying home for a while. So, we don't need any babysitting." Will nodded. "Just make sure you wash your hands and stay safe. We just heard about the news and we have new orders."

I nodded and smiled. "Thanks again. And stay safe." They nodded and then walked away to go inside, walking hand in hand. I then turned around and went to put Matteo in the car. Looking at Matt through the window, I could tell her was nervous. Once Matteo was in the car, I went to get back into the passenger seat and sighed. "We need to do our research on this and news."

Matt agreed as he saw me close the door. He then went to grab my hand. "At least we'll be home and safe with Matteo for a while." I nodded and agreed. "Let's get home. Just pick us up some breakfast. Drive-thru has to be safe right?" Matt nodded and agreed, driving us to iHOP. I smiled because I haven't had pancakes in a long time, thank god he knew what I was thinking.