Chapter 692

Matt's POV: Once we made our way back home, I parked the car on the street before looking at Gabby. I could tell she was still shaken up and decided that she was in no place to really do anything. "Gabby, just go inside and relax okay? I have Matteo and the groceries." Gabby turned to look at me and was about to protest when she knew I was right. She was quiet the entire way home and wasn't thinking about anything other than our history at that Target. It was on mine too. I still can't get the image of Gabby on the ground out of my mind. It was a horrible sight that I never want to see again. She's the love of my life and the mother of my child, that is never an imagine I should've ever had to have seen. But, now that I've seen it...I now knew even more that it's not an image that I want to see ever again because it is not a pretty sight.

Once Gabby was out of the car and on her way inside, I got out too and then went to grab Matteo. I saw Gabby waiting at the door and decided that was good enough for me. Opening the door to Matteo's car seat, I picked it up and then went to carry him to Gabby. Waiting at the door for me, she smiled when she saw me. "Can I take him from here?" I nodded before stepping close to her. "Yes, just go relax okay? I'll take care of the groceries and lunch." She nodded and agreed before wrapping her arm around my waist. Grabbing her neck before bending down to kiss her softly, I smiled as we took a moment with each other at our door.

I then pulled away and smiled. "Just heat up some leftovers for us okay? I think we have some in the fridge. We always make too much food for a reason after all. This is the perfect reason to use some of the leftovers we have. We need to relax and just take a breather." Gabby nodded and agreed with what I said because we both knew it was the truth. Our heads were only thinking about that day where I thought I was going to loose Gabby for good. But now, we were getting past it and were ready to just relax with Matteo. After a few moments, I went and grabbed all of the groceries from the back of the van so that I could make my way inside to Gabby.