Chapter 789

Gabby's POV: After going to get our water bottles and filling them up in the kitchen, I came back to see Matt rubbing Matteo's head with his thumb as he held him on his chest. I didn't want to disturb this moment so I just decided to set Matt's bottle down on his side table for him before walking around to my side of the bed and doing the same. That's when Matt acknowledged I was there and turned to look at me. "Thanks for the water. And sorry for picking him up." I then looked at him. "Never apologize for holding your son in your arms. It's adorable."

Matt smiled at me while rubbing Matteo's back and kissing his head. "He just looked like he needed some cuddling him. He was staring at me like, why is my mom the only one that gets to have your strong arms around her?" I smiled and nodded as I went to sit down next to him. Moving close to him, I felt Matt wrap his arm around me. "Not that me holding him like is going to ever stop me from wrapping my arm around your waist and holding you just as close."

I smiled when he said that and laid my head down on his shoulder while putting my arm across his lower abdomen. Matt then went to stroke my hip with his thumb as he put his hand on my arm. Looking up at him, I smiled as I went to kiss his cheek. Matt then looked down at me. "What's that for?" I just smiled at him. "For being the best dad in the world. The way you are with Matteo is just amazing. You are so good with him." Matt then smiled at me before leaning in to kiss me. "You are great with him too Gabby. We both know you are a natural at being a mom."

Matteo then started to cough a bit and then just went to suck on his thumb. "I think we are going to need to start using some teething rings soon. I feel like he's biting on his finger because some of his teeth are coming out." Matt then shook his head. "That's not until January. According to the parenthood I read, it doesn't happen for 4 months." I just nodded and decided to follow his lead. "Okay, then maybe he's just growing more." We both agreed. "He definitely is."

I then went to rub his back. "You're growing more aren't you buddy." Matteo then looked at me as Matt rubbed the back of his head. He then kissed it softly while admiring him. "You know, we should probably turn some TV on. It's going to get pretty quiet if we just sit here with him all day." I nodded and agreed. "Sure, but you should pick. After all, you are technically the patient still." Reaching over to my side table before grabbing the remote, I then rolled back over and gave it to Matt. "No politics and keep it appropriate."

Matt nodded as he turned the TV on. "We have a lot of recordings." He then opened the PVR for me. "I would like to watch another Dateline. You up for it?" I nodded and smiled. "Sure, get one started." Matt then nodded and went to click on the most recent one. It was a 2 hour Dateline. Those were the best. I find that the one hour episodes don't cover the mystery enough and it's just so much more confusing. This was really fun. However, I ended up dozing off in the middle of the first episode. Matt however, didn't notice and just kept watching a couple episodes.