Chapter 644

Matt's POV: After eating breakfast together, me and Gabby were now on our way to the bedroom. We decided to put the plates in the dishwasher rather than do them because we were both exhausted. Unfortunately, Gabby didn't go right to sleep when she went to the bedroom before me because when I walked in, I saw her on her iPad reading. Walking over to her, I went to grab it and closed it. She looked up at me and groaned. "Matt, I was reading."

I looked down at her and then sighed while putting it down on her side table. "You said you were going to sleep. I need sleep too." She then nodded and sighed while watching me go to shut the blinds. After closing them, I looked at her. "Just give me a minute to get changed and don't open that iPad. You need to shut off your brain for a while Gabs. This is too much too fast. You need to concentrate on your health as well, more specifically your mental health."

Gabby nodded before moving to my side of the bed. I just smiled and nodded before going to grab my sweats so that I could go get changed. Honestly, I was glad to be home. Walking into the washroom, I closed the door before looking at myself in the mirror. I let out a sigh, hoping Gabby didn't hear me because I needed to process this too. This was abnormal for me...for both of us. And while we were doing this for Matteo, it was going to be hard.

Quickly getting changed for bed, I decided not to frustrate myself with the thoughts because I knew we were going to have a couple conversations about this when we were done taking a nap. Once I was done, I walked out to see Gabby waiting for me. I quickly set my clothes down in the hamper before setting my phone down on my side table and opening the covers. Slipping close to Gabby before wrapping my arm around her, I smiled at her.

Gabby moved closer to me and then wrapped her arms around my waist. "Matt, you promise we'll get through this right?" I turned my head and looked at her while moving my hand to her hip. I nodded and smiled. "We'll get through this together just fine Gabby." I smiled at her before bending down to kiss her softly, trying to reassure her about what I just said. Because, that was the only thing I was certain about. That we would make it out of this situation together.