Chapter 753

Matt's POV: As I waited for Sylvie to come back in so we could start eating, I kept steeling glances at the pizza that Antonio brought. I wanted to take a slice and start eating but Gabby said not until Sylvie came back in to at least tell us she's going back to Antonio's instead of staying here. When I finally saw her, I decided to continue to wait until she told us. "So, how'd it go?" Sylvie just looked at me and smiled. "You're bored aren't you Matt? Waiting for relationship gossip about your brother-in-law?" 

I sighed and looked at her, thinking to myself about how desperate I must be for something that might be exciting. "It went good. We're going to meet up tomorrow for lunch. However, can I stay here until we figure stuff out? He wants me to go back to his place tomorrow but...I want to work things out first." I turned to look at Gabby. 

I saw that she was biting her lip because she wanted me to answer. "Of course. I completely understand. When me and Gabby were first married, I did the same thing. Whenever we had problems, I stayed at Severide's place until we worked things out." Grabbing her hand, I smiled at Gabby to give her the reassurance that I meant every word of what I said.

Gabby then smiled at me before looking at Sylvie. "I am just glad you and Antonio are going to try and work things out. But honestly, he needs to cool down. I mean, from a complete gentleman this morning to a complete SOAB tonight? Not the best temper for a new dad." I then looked at her and nodded. 

"He's just worrying about his girl, her health and the health of his unborn child. Now, don't hate the messenger. I am just trying to give the dad's point of view." Sylvie laughed and nodded while walking over to us. "So, what type of Pizza are we having?" Opening the box, I smiled to show it's peperoni. "You two grab your slices, ladies first." 

Gabby looked at me and smiled. "You didn't think that way a few minutes ago." I nodded and sighed. "When men are hungry, they do a lot of stupid things." Sylvie then laughed when I said that. "Amen!" She went to grab a slice and I stared at her. I then looked at Gabby, trying to see if she was just going to defend me. "Gabby?"

Gabby smiled at me and then went to rub my hand. "Matt, last time I checked...I wasn't the one that put the coffee pot in the fridge when you were really hungry that one morning." Sylvie then laughed. However, I had to remind her that she did the same. "Shut up Sylvie, you did the same at the firehouse when you were first grieving that Antonio had left."

She then blushed and nodded. "God, it's so weird right now. I mean, with Antonio I can hide what happened while he was gone. Well, other than the stuff that relates to my personal life. But here, I can't get a break. I mean, you've been at the firehouse just like me." I nodded and smiled. "Yes, now can we eat before the pizza gets cold?"

We all agreed and nodded, moving to grab our slices of pizza so that we could eat supper that night.