Chapter 760

Matt's POV: 30 minutes into watching the Dateline episode, I saw Matteo trying to get our attention by making some noises. He was laying down on his back and smiling at us. Deciding to bring him closer so I could reach him with the arm I had underneath Gabby, I started to tickle him once he was close enough. He was enjoying it just as much as I was. You could tell he was happy to just be laying there with us because he has been easy so far today. That's when I saw him sneeze. "Bless you little man."

Gabby then rolled over to look at him and decided to put her hand on his forehead. "He doesn't seem to be running a fever. Must just be a sneeze." I nodded. "Gabby relax okay? He isn't going to be sick when we never leave the house." Rolling over to look at me again. "Can you not say that Matt? I'm not going to relax when it comes to him and his health, especially now. I may be acting like everything is okay but we both know I am worried all day, everyday."

I nodded and understood. And I could tell she was acting. Based on our history with children that weren't even our biological children, there was no way that Gabby could be this calm about Matteo when in other cases she would be even more worried about other kids. "Gabby, I know you are. Believe me, I've noticed the difference. You're acting a lot differently than when we were working with Bria. You worried a lot more about her than you are showing right now."

Gabby nodded and agreed before sighing. "Is that a good or bad thing?" I smiled at her before moving to kiss her. "It's both. It's good because you are trusting me that I would never let Matteo get sick. Yet at the same time, it's bad because you are not letting me in. Gabby, if you are worried about something you promised you would talk to me." Gabby sighed and agreed. "I am Matt, I promise that I am trying. It's just hard. I guess I am still a little guarded even with you."

I understood why. Based on our history, I knew she had the right reason why. However, I don't want her to think that way. I promised her that this time....we are forever and I mean that. I was never letting her go again and I wanted her to be my wife until the day I died. And I would literally die trying to make that happen. My life was hell when she wasn't my wife. "Gabby, then open up to me okay? I am your husband....this is what caused all of our problems last time. However, this time you have nothing to be scared of. I am going to be with you every step of the way if you are having problems. I promise you that because I don't want to go back to living a life without you by my side as my wife. It was horrible."

Gabby agreed when I said that before going to kiss my shoulder. "If only we knew that before we divorced." I sighed while going to kiss her forehead. "Let's not think about alternative realities okay? Yes, we divorced. Was it the worst thing to happen to us? Of course it was. However, we are married again and we have Matteo. Nothing and I mean nothing will ever make me want to change our history solely based on where it led us to be today. I have never been happier Gabby and I want you to know that."

Gabby smiled and nodded as she grabbed my hand. She then moved to intertwine our fingers as she kissed me softly. "I know that Matt and feel the same way." Gabby then moved to roll over onto my chest and just laid down on top of me. Tugging the covers up on top of us, I smiled as I kissed the top of her head. I then turned to look at Matteo and moved him a bit closer to us. Reaching out for him, Gabby smiled as she rubbed his head. "I think he's grown again."

I nodded and smiled. "I think he has too. I am just glad the clothes are still fitting. However, someday we are going to have to put our order in for new clothes. We should start shopping ahead of time. Buy a size ahead." Gabby liked that idea and smiled as she leaned up to look at me. She then moved to kiss me softly. "You are a genius." She then went to get up and walked around the bed to grab her iPad. "Where are you going?" Gabby then grabbed her iPad from her side drawer. "Sit up, I have an idea as to what we can do." I nodded and decided to give her the benefit of the doubt as to what she wanted to do.

After moving close to me, Gabby moved to lean against my side while opening the Amazon app. "I love the idea about shopping ahead and buying a size ahead. So, how about we do that? That way, it can be here without delays. We should actually buy 2 months worth ahead this time around because we are coming upon the busiest shipping season for the year. Thanksgiving and then Christmas." I agreed and nodded. "Great idea. So, we doing it through Amazon?" Gabby thought about it. "That is one place we can look. But, we can look elsewhere. Let's just do Amazon right now. They'll be the busiest."

I agreed because I knew how busy they are around this time of the year. Christmas was one of their busiest shopping season. And while we did live in Chicago, that was no guarantee that they had everything in a warehouse nearby. That also reminded me, what in the world should I get Gabby for Christmas. "By the way, I hope this doesn't sound rude but...think you could give me ideas as to what you want for Christmas this year?" Gabby turned to look at me. "You need me to give you ideas for you? C'mon Matt, we both know that's not the right way to shop."

I sighed and looked at her. "Gabby, your tastes have changed. I don't want to get something you don't like. Then, I would have to return it and you would have to pick your own Christmas gift." Gabby then nodded and agreed. "Matt, we both know that I am going to love whatever you get me. But, if you want me to help you find stuff for me....I will." Matt then smiled while kissing my forehead. "Just to let you know, I already have one of your gift ideas." Gabby smiled. "Want to share?"

I smiled when she said that. "I was thinking about possibly asking Antonio to watch Matteo on New Year's Eve for 2 nights. Then, I was going to take you to a log cabin in Rockford, IL where we can ring in the New Year alone. What do you think about that as our New Year's Plans?"