Chapter 754

Matt's POV: After having supper together, I was now in the midst of getting up when I saw Gabby and Sylvie doing the dishes together. "Gabby, I am just going to go relax with Matteo okay? Unless you want him out here with you guys or you want me to do the dishes?" I decided to offer my services because I knew it was the right thing to do. Turning to look at me, Gabby smiled. "Can you go give Matteo a bath? It's been a few days. Then a feeding?" I nodded and agreed, walking up behind her before kissing her head. "Sure thing." I then walked away to go get Matteo from his chair so that I could give him a bath.

Gabby's POV: Once Matt had left to give Matteo a bath, I turned to look at Sylvie who was smiling at me. "Is he always that caring and charming? You guys like never fight." I chuckle and nod. "We are still in the honeymoon/babymoon phase. I am not ready to fight with him much anyways. I love him too much to let him go. Instead, we talk things out to avoid the fight. I am trying my best to make sure that this time around, we are forever."

Sylvie smiled at me. "At least you know that he'll always be in your life. I mean, Matt is Matteo's father." I nodded and smiled before going to empty the sink since we just finished the dishes. I then looked at her and smiled while leading her to the couch. "Let's sit down and we can talk more about something I can help you with?" Sylvie sighed and looked at me. "Antonio?" I nodded and then looked at her. "Who better to help you than his little sister? I mean, I just bat my eyes and he right away helps me."

Sylvie chuckled and nodded as she sat down on her bed. Looking at me, she smiled. "I guess it's more me though. I am just scared and he's not being the most supportive. I am trying to get all these questions answered about what I should expect and he's not giving me the answers. He's also saying stuff like, we'll be fine because I've done it before. I mean, I haven't done it before." That's when Matt yelled out of the washroom. "Just tell him to take me as an example. I may have helped raise the Darden boys and my niece for a bit but, it's different when you have your own kid." I smiled when he said that. "Bath, now!"

He nodded and walked away while I looked at Sylvie. "He's not wrong though. He will probably remember that Matt is learning as he goes. Plus, he didn't really have the best role model for parental figures. You obviously know about his mom right?" Sylvie nodded. "I know Gabby. Remember, we used to be ambulance partners before we left." I chuckled and remembered that. "Sorry, this is just so awkward. I mean, you're my friend but you're also Antonio's girlfriend."

Sylvie then grabbed my hand and smiled. "I'm your friend first. Our relationship has lasted longer than me and Antonio's relationship. So, if you need to talk to me about something then I am all ears. Just don't expect me not to defend Antonio even if we are currently at odds about something." I then sighed. "You do realize that, when you have these babies...you can't run anymore right Sylvie? I know, I shouldn't lecture but...it's the truth." Sylvie nodded and understood. "Especially because we are having twins." I smiled when she said that.

"You guys finding out the genders?" Sylvie nodded and smiled. "Yes. I want one of each. That way, we can all get our mini-me. And they both get their own mentor in Eva and Diego." I smiled when she said that. "Just a curiosity...did Eva just so happen to be one of the reasons for you two fighting? I know she's there right now." Sylvie then sighed. "I overheard Antonio talk to her about being a spy on me to make sure I wasn't leaving the house while he's at work."

I looked at her and was shocked at what I heard. "He did what now? Oh, I am so calling my brother about that. It's one thing to spy on you yourself...but don't get my niece involved! This is already hard enough on her. No offence Sylvie, but her dad is having a kid with a woman other than her mom. That must be hard." Sylvie nodded and agreed. "At first it was but, now we're all good. But totally, I get it based on my experience with stepdads and half-siblings." I chuckled when she said that. "You think you'll ever be their stepmom or is that not in the cards?"

Sylvie chuckled. "I am fine just being Antonio's girlfriend. He says he doesn't want to get married again. Sure, at first I was not happy but...I get it. I just want security. I want to know we're in this together. Maybe marriage isn't in the cards for us but....I need a relationship with that type of security for the sake of our twins. I mean, we are basically married because of all the documents I've signed over to him. So, we should just get married at the courthouse or something. I mean, what's wrong about that? It just gives me more legal rights as his wife."

I agreed with her and smiled. "Then tell him that when you see him tomorrow." Sylvie smiled and nodded before rubbing her stomach. "Were you scared at all while you were pregnant?" I looked at her and nodded when she asked that. "Sylvie, I could've died. Antonio told you about my aneurysm right?" Sylvie nodded and agreed. "And I've been around when you talked about it with him. Not a secret between us." I smiled and nodded. "So yes, I was scared." Sylvie then smiled. "Why must all the Dawsons have such hard pregnancies?" I laughed and smiled when she said that. "Hey, it must be in the Genes."

Sylvie smiled when I said that. "Listen, if you don't mind...I might go get changed for bed. Can I use Matteo's nursery for a minute?" I nodded and smiled. "Use our bedroom. More room. I'll make sure that Matt doesn't go in while you get changed." Sylvie smiled and went to hug me before walking over to her bags. Grabbing them, she then walked over to our bedroom so that she could change into something more comfortable. Meanwhile, I watched for Matt to come out of the washroom to make sure he didn't walk in on Sylvie.