Chapter 788

Matt's POV: Once we finished eating lunch, I was now in the middle of getting changed in the bedroom. Putting my sweats and a t-shirt on...I smiled when I saw Matteo smiling at me from the crib we have next to our bed. Luckily, it was on Gabby's side of the bed so I wouldn't have to get up to get him when he needed us. However, right now I wanted to hold him. Once I was all comfortable in my sweats, I walked around the bed so that I could grab him. Picking him up out of his crib, I smiled as I held him against my chest and then went to sit in bed.

That's when I heard Gabby come in with our devices. She refused to let me handle my phone right now because she didn't want me using it at all for a while. As part of me resting, she decided that I would not use any devices. Not that I was complaining. I mean, that meant more time with her and more cuddling time with Matteo. "I see we are going to be switching sides again for today and maybe even tonight?" I looked up at her and smiled. "Sorry, I wanted to hold him in my arms for a bit." I then went to kiss his head as he laid down on my chest.

Gabby smiled as she got in bed and then sat down next to me. Moving to fix Matteo's onesie, she then rubbed my hand that was on his back. That's when I felt out wedding bands rub against each other. Turning to look at her, I smiled. "Sorry about having to go to the hospital again. I know you don't like going there right now." Gabby looked at me and then grabbed my hand. "Matt, stop apologizing for the fact that I called the ambulance. You remember that right? I was the one that called the ambulance. I could've treated you here but I didn't."

I agreed and sighed, deciding not to argue anymore because it was starting to give me a headache. I then decided to slip close to Gabby and wrapped my arm around her back. Once I had my family close to me, I turned to look at Gabby. Smiling at her, I then leaned in to kiss her softly. "I am glad we have another reason to stay home more. Me being on bed rest." Gabby smiled and nodded as she laid her head down on his shoulder. "Just to let you know, that time on the couch was the last one until I say you can get out of bed okay?"

I turned to look at her and nodded. "Not that I'm ever going to complain. We all know that I love holding my little family in bed. My gorgeous wife and our wonderful son." Gabby smiled when I said that and then moved to hold my hand. "God I want to feel your strong arms around me right now but, you're holding him." I looked at her and smiled. "When he has to take a nap soon, then you can get in my arms. I promise." Gabby nodded and then smiled when she heard her phone vibrate. Going to check it, she red the text. It was from Antonio. "Heard Matt went to the hospital? He okay?" Gabby then sighed. "Of course he finds out that you were in hospital."

I sighed. "It's not him spying on us, it's automatic Gabby. Whenever a first responder checks into the hospital, CFD and CPD are alerted. If they need to associate it with a crime scene or fire, then they can follow the case closely and figure out whether they are liable. Gabby nodded and agreed. "Wait, does that mean that they knew I gave birth to Matteo?" I shook my head. "No, they didn't know that. Gabby, you have to remember that....at the time, you weren't a CFD Employee. However, the CFD ended up paying for you to give birth."

Gabby looked at me confused. "How?" I smiled at her. "I talked to the CFD on your behalf and told them that you had my child. I asked them to cover it because Matteo is the son of a then-CFD Fire Captain and a former Paramedic." Gabby smiled and then moved her hand to my cheek. "Good, because that was another thing I was scared about. I didn't want to get billed for giving birth. Or even worse...." I just stopped her and moved close to her. I then kissed her forehead and stopped her from talking. "Gabby, we aren't going there remember?" Gabby nodded and agreed.

"Listen, I am going to get the baby bed that is like a little pillow. Then Matteo can lay next to you while you can cuddle up to me. I have a feeling you need me to hold me in your arms for a bit." Gabby nodded and smiled. "Here, give me him and you can get it. It's at the end of the bed in the chest." I nodded and then passed Matteo to her. "Hey buddy, how are you?" Gabby then kissed his forehead while holding him in her arms. Getting up out of bed, I smiled as I walked to the end of the bed and opened the chest to get the baby bed out for Matteo.

Once I had it, I closed the chest and then walked back over to Gabby. Setting it down next to her, I smiled when she rolled over to put Matteo in the bed. "There we go buddy, nice and comfortable." I then smiled as I bent down to kiss his forehead softly. "Listen, I am just going to grab our water bottles." Gabby then looked up at me and shook her head. "No, I am. You need to rest remember?" I nodded and then went to get back on the bed. Gabby smiled when I did that before getting up. She then looked at Matteo and rubbed his head.

"I'll be back in a minute." I smiled and nodded. "Take your time. I'm not going anywhere." She looked at me. "Ha ha, very funny." She then walked away to the kitchen to grab us some water bottles. Meanwhile, I rubbed Matteo's chest and smiled at him. "Can you be any more adorable?" Matteo started to close his eyes. He was obviously getting tired. However, I didn't care. I wanted to just stare at him for a bit. Being a dad was the best feeling in the world. But being Matteo's dad was even better because he is the reason Gabby is back in my life.