Chapter 729

Matt's POV: Once Hermann brought us the drinks, he smiled at me. "How's Matteo?" I smiled back and nodded. "He's with Antonio right now. Needed a day off after yesterday." He agreed and smiled. "Glad you're safe brother. And by the way Halstead, you weren't getting a beer anyways. We don't serve beer until the supper menu opens. We are only open today because we are doing a pre-voting session. Local spokespeople are coming."

Jay then looked at him. "A republican is acting going to try and win Chicago for Trump?" Hermann then looked at him. "What's wrong with the Donald? America First." I then turned to look at him. "Please tell me you didn't vote for him?" Hermann nodded. "The union also endorsed him." I sighed and looked at him. "Thanks for voting for a racist pig who insulted my wife, your friend." I then went and grab my drink.

Hermann just shut up, knowing what I was talking about. "Sorry Matt, I didn't think about that." I just turned to look at him. "You know what? I am not going to let it in between our friendship. Anyways, it's not like my family isn't immune to having two different political views. My sister is a republican and so was her ex-husband Jim Jordan." Jay then spit up from his drink. "She was married to that horrible Ohio politician?" 

I looked at him. "Oh no, a businessman. Cheated on her with his secretary." Jay then went to rub my arm. "God, your family doesn't have the best of luck with love." I shook my head and sighed. "At least I've got my girl back." He agreed and smiled. "Same here. Honestly, I am just glad me and Erin are finally getting married. It's been a long time coming." I nodded and smiled. "Just to let you know, I am always available to talk. Especially when you're in the doghouse."

He laughed when I said that before nodding. "That's what my brother is for." That's when we heard Will walk in. "What am I for?" I looked at him. "He said that your place is his doghouse." Will then looked at Jay. "What did you do?" Jay then put his hands up. "Nothing, we're just joking. And Matt said he's always available to talk when I'm in the doghouse. And because it's Erin, we both know it'll happen eventually."

Will chuckled and nodded when he saw Hermann. "Hey Hermann, me and Nat's order ready?" Hermann then nodded and brought it over to him. "You're still on shift?" Jay asked him. Will nodded and sighed. "We're doing double shifts so that we can get thanksgiving off." Jay then nodded and smiled. "What about the day after thanksgiving?" Will nodded.

"Good, you and me are going to the tux store that day then. I'll book our final fitting." Will then smiled at him. "When's the wedding? You finally picked a date?" He nodded. "New Year's Eve in Millennium Park." Will loved the idea. "Sounds perfect. What time?" Jay smiled. "I'm going in at 12:30. Then Erin's meeting me there for Black Friday shopping. Baby and Christmas." 

Will then nodded and smiled. "Do you need Owen to come?" Jay then looked at him and sighed. "About that, Owen isn't the ring bearer." Will looked at him confused. "Who is then?" That's when Erin came back. "Hank's grandson, Daniel Voight." Jay nodded and sighed. "Still feel bad that Justin is never going to meet his nephew." Jay then moved to wrap his arm around her, rubbing her back to make her feel better. "Maybe we should change his name a bit then."

Erin turned to look at him. "What were you thinking?" Jay then smiled. "Justin Patrick Halstead." Will heard that. "You're putting dad's name in his?" Jay nodded. Erin then looked at Jay. "I love that idea. JP Halstead." Jay then smiled. "God, that sounds cute. JP" Rubbing her baby bump again, he smiled. Gabby then spoke up. "I guess that means you guys are having a boy?" Erin then chuckled and nodded. "We just found out a few days ago." 

Jay nodded and smiled before looking at Will. "Can you tell Nat that we're having a boy? If she has anything from Owen, we'd appreciate it." Will then nodded. "Just keep it in good condition. When we have kids, I want to have it back." Jay then nodded and shook his hand. "Now, go back to work and save some lives." He nodded and smiled before walking away to go back to the hospital. Gabby then looked at Jay. "You reading those books I recommended Jay?"

Jay then sighed and looked at Erin. You could tell she was annoyed. "Says he doesn't have to because he has a step-nephew." I looked at him and then sighed. "Okay Jay, let me just tell you this based on experience. I've watched my niece a lot when she was younger and I helped with the Darden boys after their dad died. Helping watch and raise them, nothing like raising your own child. Remember, when you have a nephew, you can give them back. Your kid is yours for life. You can just give them back anytime."

Jay then nodded and turned to look at Erin, wrapping his arm around her before bringing her close. She then put her hand on his chest and smiled. "I'm going to start reading those books starting tonight, I promise." She then smiled, leaning in to kiss him softly. I then looked at him. "Or you can get the audiobooks? I know you still run every morning. You run by our place." Jay then nodded and smiled again. "Stick to routine to be back on time for breakfast."

Erin nodded and smiled before going to whisper to him. "Think we can get going? I'm getting tired. And He just moved again so now...he's on my lower half." He nodded and understood what she meant. "Okay then." He then went and grabbed his wallet. "See you guys." He then went to grab Erin's hand and led her away to go pay so that they could make their way home.