Chapter 700

Matt's POV: Once I finished in the washroom, I made my way out with my phone in my hand. I decided to put it on silent while me and Gabby talked because I wanted her to have my full, undivided attention with only Matteo being able to distract us. Moving to my side of the bed, I smiled when I looked at Gabby who was currently laying back. However, I didn't know whether she was awake or asleep because she had her eyes closed. Deciding to let her be, I went to check on Matteo to see whether he was asleep when I saw Gabby open her eyes.

"Let me guess, you thought I was asleep?" I turned to look at her and chuckled, nodding. "Yes, I was just going to take him out to the living room if you were asleep but now, I am going to stay right here so we can have that talk like I promised we would have. It's one we should probably have because I want to know what's worrying or bothering you so that I can help you either stop worrying about them or help you get past them so they aren't on your mind."

Walking around the bed, I went to get in on my side and laid down next to her. I then moved to grab her hand and smiled at her. "So, tell me what's on your mind Gabby and don't leave anything out." She nodded and agreed, sighing. "What's mostly on my mind is the pandemic. I mean, be honest with me. How long are you going to be able to just sit by and not try and help people. It's in our blood that we need to help people as paramedics. So, how long until you think we are back at work and risking our health?"

I sighed and then went to rub her hand. "I don't know. I was maybe going to go back and do calls that don't deal with COVID. But then again, pretty much all calls with touch on COVID one way or another because we need to go to the hospital." Gabby nodded and agreed. "And that's why I don't want to go back. However, I want you to find a job. Did we talk to the CFD yet about any work from home desk jobs yet?" I shook my head. "No. But, I think eventually we should. We can't just sit here and collect paychecks for doing nothing. It feels wrong."

Gabby nodded and agreed before rubbing my hand. "Then I want to show you a job opportunity I found with CFD's Charitable Division. It's virtual fundraising for relief efforts. They want to do mission work in Chicago related to COVID." I nodded and liked the idea. "That is something I think we could be enjoy since we would be doing it together. You have the job listing somewhere?" Gabby nodded and went to grab her iPad. "Let me just bring it up and we can look at it together." I nodded and waiting for Gabby to grab her iPad.