♡^Are you thinking of me? | G.W. | (2/2)

(A/n)

Requested by yebroimemo

_________
_________
_________

As much as I initially had hated Pete for having secretly called Gerard to hang out with us, it turned out to be something extremely good. And Pete knows that, what leads to him always teasing me about it and I would've have admitted it already if it wasn't for this – he can easily see through me and always leave me blushing with the right comments.

Apparently, Gerard already wanted to talk to me even before that day, though he didn't really specify the reason he still hadn't done it. He's another fan of my work and I almost died when Pete mentioned that pic from 2007, but Gerard seemed actually happy about it and even asked for a copy at some point.

Things evolved before I could notice, going from occasional messages to us even being comfortable with long calls and hanging out a lot. Cliché thing, but it felt like we already knew each other for long before we actually met or were meant to each other the whole time, in a way. Maybe it wasn't something made up by my mind, considering all the comments about how we're always glued to each other.

It was almost embarrassing how happy I was when MCR came back even if I already knew about everything since it was still a secret. Much harder was trying to control myself as watching them get ready for the reunion show and hearing a few teasing comments about how I couldn't stop grinning, but everything was simply way too exciting. Though having a calmer vibe, Gerard seemed just as excited as me and put up with me the whole time, both of us sticking to each other's side most of the time. Not talking to each other felt almost impossible. There was always this small talk going on between us, with eventual happy chuckles.

Time passed and, if anyone had asked me about this years ago, I'd say it would be impossible for my band to be asked by MCR to join them in a tour and at least share the stage with them once. Honestly, believing MCR would get back together at all was already something difficult.

"You seem distant." The sudden voice pulls me away from my thoughts and my absentminded stare at the people walking by and I turn to see Gerard now sitting down beside me; it doesn't seem like he sat there only seconds ago.

"Still feeling like if I was living in the third person," I say with a chuckle as adjusting my posture with a sigh, just noticing now the pain due to being sitting down there for most likely the past hour. I had to take a breath after all the soundchecks and grabbed myself a drink before coming to the road behind the venue. Now, the empty cup sits a few inches away from me.

All the excitement is almost too overwhelming. Gerard seems to understand that.

"It's nice knowing it makes you this happy," Gerard says with a soft smile, placing a hand over mine and giving it a reassuring squeeze. My heart flutters. I smile, leaning against him, pleased with him wrapping an arm around me. Just his presence itself usually helps me.

"Of course, it does, I couldn't be happier." I breathe a chuckle, with this nice feeling filling my chest, one that always show up whenever I'm around Gerard. "I like you a lot," I say with a grin, but hesitate noticing the light pink tone taking over Gerard's cheeks, his eyes widening lightly at me, arm shifting around me – despite everything, he smiles shyly. My cheeks heat up once I rethink what I said and I clean my throat. "You guys," I correct, my voice still weaker than I wanted it to be, but the situation just... feels complex.

A quiet hum comes from Gerard, the corners of his lips twitching. His eyes fall to the ground for a moment before he nods, relaxing. There's this awkward silence between us for a moment, the atmosphere around us weirdly thinner, but trying to ignore it seems to be a choice shared between both of us even if without any word.