🎄^Christmas Special | M.W.

Prompts: 4, 7, 9

_____

"I'm totally not up to leaving the house." I extend a hand towards the window, walking to the couch with some blankets over my arm. Mikey just watches it as I throw myself on the couch and grab the remote control, starting to look for something nice on Netflix. "It's hella cold outside."

"Are you sure?" His voice sounds kinda distant, so I look back and notice it's because he's in the kitchen now. It's not really possible to see what he's doing. "I mean, it's not like we won't have another opportunity like this, but..."

"You just said it all." I sigh, making myself more comfortable under the thick covers. "There's still next year and all... They're also people we see everyday, practically, at least frequently. Let's just enjoy the cold and watch something..." I trail off, having my attention now on reading the movie's names.

"You're right." Mikey comes to sit next to me. He places a small bowl with candies over his lap after also getting under the covers. His attention is on the TV for a moment then he asks to choose the movie.

My patience runs out after some minutes. "Okay, I have a better idea." I stand up and move to crouch down in front of the TV stand to grab one of the DVDs. A specific one.

Mikey exhales audibly from his place. "You're not doing what I think you are, right?" His teasing tone makes me grin, not answering him as opening the DVD case to place the disc in the player. "I bet you've decorated the whole thing already. By the way, it's Christm-"

"I don't care what you say," I return to my place on the couch, grabbing a handful of the candies. "The Nightmare Before Christmas works for Christmas and Halloween." A helpless laugh is released by me at Mikey's expression - he raises an eyebrow at me, remaining like this for a few seconds until pressing his lips together, raising both his eyebrows lightly with a small shrug.

"You're not wrong." He mutters and I grin, turning to him. He returns the look, cracking a small smile himself and it all results in a sweet kiss. Literally.

The whole thing is awesome, but, unfortunately, I need to stand up to grab more candies after Mikey whines enough to convince me of doing so. I open the cabinet and take out the jars of candies. There's an empty one. I mean, I saw Mikey eating some candy canes lately, however, not so many. I glanced at this jar two days ago to see more canes than I'd be able to eat in this period of time.

Slowly, I walk back in the living room with the empty jar in hands, waiting for Mikey to notice me there; I speak up when he does so. "How many candy canes have you eaten?"

"Today or at all?" He asks and his casual tone makes me narrow my eyes at him, silently asking if he's serious. Laughing, he stands up, stopping to walk once he's in front of me, with hands on my hips. "I'm sorry." He pecks my lips, shooting me a lazy smile as continuing to speak. "I'll leave some for you next time, okay?" He does it again.

"Don't talk to me like if I was a child." I say with a playful sourness, twisting my mouth lightly. He chuckles, kissing the side of my face before letting go. Surprisingly, he follows me into the kitchen. "What are you getting me this Christmas, Mikey?" I ask in a teasing tone, grabbing some of the caramels and throwing them inside the bowl.

"The same as last Christmas." He grins, receiving a raised eyebrow from me. "Last Christmas," Mikey places a hand over his chest, leaning back against the counter. "I gave you my heart." Not saying anything at first, I simply stop everything I'm doing to look at him, slowly blinking; it causes him to chuckle, quickly followed by me, shaking my head to myself. "You know I love you." He places a kiss on my cheek.

"You better." I smile smugly, placing the jars back inside the cabinet.

Both of us return to the couch and the bowl ends up being forgotten, half filled, after some movies that we watch while cuddling. "We should," Mikey mutters against the side of my face. "open the gifts now. It's midnight already."

"Just in the morning." I reply in the same tone, totally not up to moving; first, we're really comfortable like this and second, I'm already getting sleepy. He hums questioning, insisting, but all I do is to groan lightly as adjusting myself. Exhaling, Mikey seems to finally give up, tightening his grip around my waist and consequently pulling me more towards him. A kiss being placed on the back of my neck makes a chill run down my spine.

"Merry Christmas." Mikey says quietly.

I breathe a weak chuckle, already almost taken over by the sleep. "Merry Christmas."

______________