♡;Backyard after school | G.W.

(A/n)
Request by Im_crazykate

____

I'm having hiatuses far too often

____
____
____

"And when are you going to do it?"

"Probably after class on one of those days." I shrug, "'Am not sure."

"You should not be sure about the whole thing!" Frank says, "You don't even know how he really is, you almost never- you haven't properly talked with him at all!"

"I did!" I insist, "He even got the notes from my notebook in maths!"

"Because you probably were the easiest person he could get it with! It wasn't a talk with arguments and all, doesn't count!"

"However, if you consider, he is always amazing on the debates, gets high grades on tests, all the teaches compliment him! He is someone nice and smart!"

"Being smart and well informed doesn't mean you're kind, (y/n)." He pauses. "I want to watch it all happen just to say 'I told you' in the end."

Right then, the bell signing the end of the lunch break goes off and we stand up from the ground, proceeding to walk back to inside the school.

"Can't you at least be positive?" I ask.

"Well," He smiles, "I'm sure you're going to get rejected. See you later." He turns around and begins walking away.

I open my mouth to say something but decide against it and shake my head, sighing in frustration. - Y'know what? I'll confess today and prove him that he's wrong.

~

"Sorry, I'm not interested."

"You're not what?" I widen my eyes and check the male's expression to see if he's sure. His expression is indifferent.

"As said, not interested. A shame you lost your time." He starts turning to leave, "See you around-"

"Hell, Gerard! Can't you at least be a bit kinder?"

Gerard stops on his tracks and turns around. "It would give you a last hope. However, I'm trying to let it clear that I'm really not interested. Believe me, it's the best." He walks away and, for the second time today, I watch a person walk away as I'm in frustration.

I stand there for a few minutes. - They'll suspect if I- Fuck, who am I trying to trick? I didn't expect this to happen.

Sighing, I pass a hand on my face and start walking away.

Somewhat, I feel numb. Feels like someone else is controlling my body for me, an automatic reaction to just leave the school and walk back home.

When I'm crossing the gates, I feel a pair of arms pulling me in for a hug. "I told you." I hear Frank saying softly and I simply nod.

~

"Hey- oh, is it (y/n)?"

"Yeah."

My hoodie's hood is pulled off of my head - probably by Frank - and I look up to see Ray standing in front of us.

"Hey." He greets again and sits in front of us. "What's wrong?" I just look at him as he opens a plastic bag with a sandwich inside it. "I'm asking you, (y/n)."

"Nothing." I reply shaking my head as he holds up the sandwich towards me, offering it.

"If it wasn't nothing, you'd not be like this." He bites down on his food.