♡^I'm here, love | R.T.

(A/n)

Requested on Tumblr

TW for anxiety attack

_________
_________
_________

Tour has been going on for some time already, almost a month, but it actually feels like forever. All the agitation can be really immersive, turning the attempts of keeping track of time difficult, even more since we mostly follow a nighttime schedule due to the concerts. We're almost always heading to a bar or club after the concerts, so it's basically falling asleep at two in the morning to wake up at noon or something in the best days. Certainly not the best thing.

Today is thankfully one of the break days in which the guys don't have any concert and we arrived to the next city earlier than usual, what means we're lazing around for most of the time.

"...because he's not here, duh!" Ray's voice becomes audible as he leaves the bus, grinning as looking back at it and shaking his head after Mikey says something, though I'm not able to understand any of it. Only a small smile remains on his face whilst he approaches me, taking a seat on the ground with me. "Hello, love," he says softly, pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"Hi." I smile, pecking his lips, and put my phone down.

"What are you doing?" He raises an eyebrow, looking around for a moment like if trying to find what kept my attention until now.

"Nothing, really," I say softly, leaning my head against his shoulder. "Do you want to go do something? I wanted to, but didn't want to ask while you were busy with the others." The thought of interrupting the four's talk and probably attracting all that attention wasn't exactly appealing, I'm secretly thankful he finally left the bus.

"Aw, you didn't have to wait for all this time." Ray's eyebrows furrow lightly as he pecks my cheek. "And we could go look for a café or a restaurant, how does that sound? It's almost lunchtime, after all."

"Sounds good!" I smile, liking the opportunity of spending some time alone with Ray.

He seems just as happy as standing up and offering me a hand, which I take to help myself standing up. "So, how are you feeling? With the whole tour thing, I mean." Ray wraps an arm around me when we start walking down the parking lot, concern laying under his apparently normal expression.

I hum, looking away for a moment. "Oh, yeah, I'm alright. I'll let you know if I need anything, thank you." I press a kiss to Ray's cheek, trying to demonstrate my appreciation despite the subject making me tense up a bit.

Ray is more than aware of my problems with anxiety, already having helped me through its ups and downs, and both of us already predicted how the whole tour thing would interfere on it, mainly because it's my first time tagging alone during one. We already had a hard time before the tour itself – I got too panicked at the whole thing since I barely knew how it would work –, hence he's been worried and making sure of always checking on me.

Truth is that I'm not as alright as I've claimed to be. The tour has already reached my nerves and I can already feel this familiar buzzing under my skin, threatening to intensify, making me lose it yet again. It, however, won't happen; I'll not let that happen. Ray won't even know.

We're soon walking into a restaurant, the smell of food filling the ambient and, somehow, it feels good and bad at the same time. Not a surprise, since the anxiety usually has me either eating compulsively or not eating at all, so I think my body decided it'll be better if I stay inside that bus for hours with an empty stomach, right?

We take a seat and place our orders – I balance my choice between something that my body won't reject and Ray will not complain about, what seems to work.