♡^Are you happy? | R.T. | (2/2)

(A/n)

Requested by yebroimemo

sorry for taking longer, my mind stopped working in the moment I wrote the title
so, yeah, there are some "recycled" parts, don't judge me pls

also, my lazy ass is working in all the requests, they'll be posted soon, don't worry, I just need to stop procrastinating

______
______
______

[3rd person p.o.v.]

"Damn- Wait, what?" Mikey gasped at Ray and Frank's words, eyeing them in disbelief. "And you just fucking tell me about it now? Bro, we could've changed something if you'd told me this before- Hell, you could've done it by yourself-"

"Stop overreacting, Mikey," Frank scowled, crossing his arms, "we know. The thing is that Brendon just told us about it yesterday because, according to him, he couldn't keep that just to himself for so long," he moved his hand around as talking, hoping it'd somehow help Mikey understanding their situation.

Meanwhile, Ray just watched everything - knowing how much (y/n) had been suffering, for all this time, made something ache in his chest. He didn't say anything, sighing quietly.

With a heavy exhale, Mikey shook his head, raising his glasses lightly to pinch the bridge of his nose. Though he seemed disappointed, it was more like stressed or frustrated. "I- I'll try to make something. Just keep an eye on (y/n), please."

Frank and Ray simply exchanged a look as watching Mikey walk away, not able to do anything besides waiting.

Mikey watched his brother standing in front of the mirror for a moment before finally approaching, "Gerard?" He received a hum in response and continued, "are you sure about marrying Ericka? I mean, you know the circumstances you started your relationship under. Are you still sure about it?"

Truth be told, their relationship wouldn't even exist if Gerard wasn't desperate for someone to comfort him after (y/n) started getting distant. (Y/n) was practically his ground and, after that day, he just felt adrift. Ericka was like a sudden buoy among the wild ocean of feelings. It all crossed Gerard's mind while he still stared at himself; a breathe escaped his lips, "yes, Mikey, I am." And he really was. He saw Ericka as his absolute support and his needy feelings ended up turning into real ones through the time, not to mention he didn't want to go through all the effort of starting a new relationship and the other things. He was already tired.

[Your p.o.v.]

Why does everything need to go wrong? A loud noise echoes through the room as a result of my hand slamming against a small table and throwing the glass vase of flowers that was on top of it flying to the floor. I let out a loud groan, trying to release all the anger I've been holding back for this whole time - Ericka giving me these fucked up clothes was just the last straw. I swear, I tried and still try my best to get over this, but I think the fucking universe doesn't want me to.

Shaking my head, I keep my eyes closed for a moment, trying to organize my thoughts. It's quite difficult considering I can practically feel my heartbeat in my head and my aching hand snatches more attention than I'd like it to. Soon, everything is suddenly quiet and I'm able to think properly again.

Before I'm able to do anything, there's Ray enters the room, a small smile on his face. "I could manage this," he hands me a few clothes, his eyes slowly falling to the mess on the floor. I tense up at that, but he doesn't react much. "Why don't you go change while I clean things over here? I'll be waiting for you," he says softly. I love it how he doesn't question it, probably understanding everything and knowing I'm not ready to talk about it yet.

After it, everything goes by as a blur and Ray decides we should go home at some point. "You seem exhausted, we better get going already, you're certainly not well," these were his words, with which Frank agreed and preferred that I'd go home too. We just said bye to Mikey and Gerard then left.

"So..." Ray breathed out once we walked in my house, leaving our shoes by the door - it's honestly a relief stepping out of these and I can't wait to change out of the clothes. "Um, Mikey, Frank and I know about your feelings for Gerard, by the way," he continues, following me up the stairs, stopping outside by the doorway once I walk in the room. I physically cringe at his words as looking for some comfortable clothes to wear, but say nothing, continuing to listen.

"Not gonna lie," Ray continues in a hopeless tone, "I know Gerard is an asshole at some points and I was almost sure he did continue having feelings for you despite Ericka. Sometimes he'd rant about you like in the time he didn't even know Ericka yet, so I can guarantee everyone was pretty much confused. And we continue."

His words don't really help me and I make sure of showing it to him with a sigh. "Sorry," he mutters almost immediately, surprised with me suddenly leaving the room, and follows me downstairs too. "Anyways," he sits down next to me on the couch, "I just wanna tell you that you've got all the right to be revolted, but the best you can do now is to get over him, not to mention it'll certainly reach him, in a way, if you care 'bout it."

He continues to talk, in a small rant, and probably doesn't get it I don't want to listen to this right now - even if it's comforting, the first paragraphs were enough. No, his presence was already enough, it's always enough, he's just always there. Sighing again, I shift on the couch to face him. Reality seems to finally reach Ray.

"What I mean is, there's more people and you may find someone else-" He finally shuts up once I wrap my hands around his collar and pull Ray closer for a kiss. He's a bit hesitant at first, but quickly returns the kiss, using a hand to cup my face. His lips are just so soft; the kiss at all makes me feel so loved.

"And can it be you?" I ask quietly after pulling away, placing one of my hands over his. Nervousness still doesn't allow me to look at him in the eyes, so I limit myself to observing my fingers play with the collar of his shirt. "Please, Ray."

"(Y/n)," he breathes out softly, almost in a comforting tone. His thumb brushes against my cheekbone and I lean against his touch, anxious for his answer. "Everything is still so recent and messy- Mainly for you. Let's take this slowly, okay?" Ray gets my hand in his and brings it to his lips, pressing a small kiss over my knuckles.

Not knowing what to say, I simply hum in response. He's not wrong, though I don't want to admit it. Ray smiles lightly and pulls me to a comforting hug, his hand running up and down my back as I lean my head against his chest.

____________