♡;An empty promise | G.W. | (2/2)

(A/n)

Requested by yebroimemosuper_spearmint and copkilla666

___________
___________
___________

(D/n) watched cartoons for probably the whole morning before she started to grow anxious and practically didn't leave Gerard in peace, following him around the house the whole time. He would eventually shoot me pleading looks now and then when she wouldn't let him do anything or exceed any limit. I smiled hopelessly as trying to avert her attention to some random activity that, unfortunately, wouldn't hold her attention for longer than a few minutes.

He promised to let her go watch the band practice today. She apparently heard something from Lily or Cherry about Frank letting them go today and didn't stop bugging Gerard and I until we said yes.

"Hey, dear, why don't you leave your dad for a bit so you can get ready to go, hm?" I ask (d/n) with a small smile, making a come-on motion, leaning against the doorway to Gerard's office.

Her face immediately contorts into a frown and she looks up at Gerard like if seeking for some kind of defense. It takes him a moment to notice, most of his attention on organizing the loose sheets of paper in the notebooks with the notes for their songs so he could throw it all inside an already messy bag.

He glances at (d/n), only looking at her properly after a few seconds, his eyebrows furrowing. "Oh, c'mon, go with her. You gotta look nice, hm?" The pressed lips smile continues on his face like if she didn't look disappointed. He pecks her forehead before patting her back lightly to encourage her to walk towards me; a heavy sigh escapes her nose, but she eventually does so.

Gerard and I share a look, smiling hopelessly at each other as I leave the room, following (d/n) to her bedroom.

A few months after I started helping Gerard with recovering, the band released their third album, The Black Parade, which sent them directly to success. The contract with the recorder soon obligated them to move to the capital too, what ended up not being as difficult as they predicted since I turned out to be a useful reference at some points. It took me no time to invite Gerard to move in with me, what he accepted promptly and I wasn't the only one happy with it. After some time, with the recorder changing, they had to move again. I went along with them, of course.

Now, Danger Days will be released soon and it's just amazing seeing everyone happy like this and sharing the same anxiety.

"Done, now you're ready, you're all beautiful," I wink at (d/n) as standing up, giving her clothes a last adjust. She looks adorable in the denim jacket. She'd asked us not long ago to sew to it at least one patch, a My Chem one, and Gerard was so happy that he did it himself, the black piece of fabric sewn to one of the sleeves. It makes her have a proud air on whenever she wears it, making sure she shows it off. Sometimes she even poses like Gerard and I in our photos with our jackets, making us almost freak out with our phones pointed to her with the camera app open.

(D/n) immediately grins, excited eyes widening. She practically bounces on her feet as clapping her hands, but quickly sprinting out of the room again and the next thing I hear is Gerard playfully humming sternly at her, what makes me chuckle.

.

"Will you watch them playing too, mom?" (D/n) asks and I look at her through the rearview mirror, shaking my head. She immediately stops excitedly throwing her feet on the air, looking at me questioningly.

"I'll buy a few things while you're there, dear," I answer, stopping the car due to the red light, and look back at her properly. Another questioning look. "Just things for working on the comics and some other stuff," I say with a smile, turning back around when she raises her eyebrows in realization and nods.