♪*Keep quiet | G.W.

(A/n)

Hello, achillean/gay community!!!
(If anyone complains once again about reader's gender in oneshots, I'll---- It looks like some people don't read the intro 😔)

Another suggestion by G0thicRainbows !

_______
_______
_______

A sigh escapes my lips as I observe the organized cans of drinks through the glass doors of the refrigerator. It's been tiring and stressing traveling around for this whole time, so my mind is working a bit slower than it should, but it's a sacrifice for a greater good – we've started My Chem not long ago, in a way we have nothing but an old van for our tours and certainly not enough money for hotels.

Finally, I grab a drink that seems good right now and move to pay for it. I can still catch a glance of Mikey leaving the convenience store when reaching the cashier, what means it's just Gerard, Ray and I left to return to the van and Ray will most likely be the last one to do it because he always takes forever.

Gerard smiles a bit as seeing me approaching and stands by even tho he's already paid for what he got. The cashier thanks me for the purchase, I nod in response, walking away – I need to momentarily stop by Gerard to shove the change in my pocket. He waits patiently then starts walking when I nod towards the exit, wrapping an arm around his shoulders as we leave.

"Man, I'm tired," I say with a sigh as looking at him, watching it as he slowly nods.

"We might have enough money to spend a night in a motel soon." He glances at me, flashing a small smile at seeing me nodding.

A silence hovers between us and I keep observing Gerard for a moment. He seems uncomfortable – it's barely noticeable, but there's something on him that tells me about it, maybe how his eyebrows are slightly furrowed or how he keeps on his face that look of when you're trying to find the right position to read in. Maybe it's for the same reason I've been stressed, I guess all of us are equally affected by everything by now.

When we reach the van, Mikey and Matt are already in the front seats while Frank is on the middle ones, already taking up two of the seats at once. There isn't really many choices for us; Gerard and I share a look, wordlessly agreeing in taking the back seats.

"Get in," Matt says, looking back at us from the window since we just left our things in, but continue standing out there.

"No, I don't trust us and I know Ray will kill us if we forget him once again," I tell him, receiving a few agreeing mutters in response and a giggle from Gerard. I playfully glare at him and he lets out another cute giggle that has me internally melting.

Averting my attention away from Gerard, I lean lightly against the side of the van and he stands in front of me, leaning back against it instead, arms crossed over his chest as he still wears the same dark grey hoodie and large jeans from days ago. He is honestly so adorable; it makes me want to hug him until he's barely able to breathe and cover him with kisses.

There's no reason in particular for this, perhaps it's the boredom, but I just lean in until my forehead is pressed to Gerard's temple. He grins.

"What are you doing?" He holds back a chuckle and continues looking at the convenience store's doors despite talking with me.

"I don't know." I continue in the position for a moment, inevitably forced to pull away when he turns to face me with a playful air in his eyes. No response comes from me as I observe him before reaching to brush a strand of hair away from his face. He seems a bit surprised with it, blushing heavily – I flash him a smile, which he doesn't really react to and I have no time to question it.