◇^It's Been a Long Time | G.W.

(A/n)

Requested by deathwishdaydream :]

___________

More G smut coming soon, kids, mwah

___________
___________
___________

A sigh escapes my lips as I look down at all the framed pictures on the buffet table while some of them hang on the wall, most of them being of only the two of us. The more I stare at them, the more this melancholy tug on my heart, and all that I have is this feeling that he's going to show up in any moment, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind and hug me close, resting his cheek against my shoulder while quietly telling me about something he found out or that happened earlier today, sometimes just adventures with the guys.

But it won't happen. Knowing this is the most terrible part, for sure.

I try to bury this thought in the back of my head while taking one of the photos in hand, sighing softly at the memory. Gerard and I were laughing out of pure happiness as gazing at each other, not even noticing when the picture had been shot; the look he has on his face just makes my heart flutter, but I instantly regret giving the pictures attention when walking by them.

Carefully setting the frame back, I close my eyes, trying to calm myself down. What was I even doing? Right. The pie.

Everything feels worse without Gerard - what I believe to be due to some sort of psychological thing, but the agony won't go away no matter what. The house feels so empty without him, everything is so quiet and boring, to a point I found myself barely leaving the house because most of what I did was usually with him or with the guys and even the guys aren't around.

Every time I think about this whole situation, the worse I get, so I've been trying to distract myself. Cooking and baking are one of the options, along with going for walks, learning how to play a few instruments, painting, among others which I may not really be good at, but I keep trying. It helps, most of the time.

I walk back into the kitchen, continuing to mix the ingredients for the filling, keeping the low temperature of the stove. Of course, it's not one of his favorite recipes from the book, of course I didn't choose this because it reminds me of him. Ignoring a few things makes me feel better.

Eventually, I finish everything and place it in the oven, hoping it will turn out perfect this time.

Honestly, it is amazing how the tension of the war doesn't reach here, the differences being resumed to the difficulty to find some items and how the prices are each time higher, but I've been able to manage all of it. What I receive for writing is just enough, even more since I haven't been needing to buy food for two. The worst of it is the fear someone you love isn't coming back alive.

Hell, can't I stop thinking about it for a second?

A sigh escapes my lips as I lean back against the counter, slowly sliding my way down to the ground, leaning back against the cabinets and closing my eyes. I guess I should've hugged him tighter before he left, kissed him for longer, told him one more time how much I love him.

Maybe music will help and clean my mind, even if temporarily. I stand up from the ground and move towards the record player that's set on the buffet table in the living room, grabbing one of the vinyl discs, but there's a knock on the door as soon as I adjust the needle. A sharp sigh escapes my lips at the thought of someone disturbing my peace. I swear, if it's Mrs. Blanc asking about her cat once again-

My mind stops in the moment I open the door. I have no idea of for how long I stand there, but I'm back to reality with Gerard placing his bag on the ground and I don't even wait for him to adjust his posture before tackling him into a hug. A breathy chuckle escapes his lips and his arms are quickly wrapped around me just as tightly.

"Gee," I say softly, voice muffled against his uniform as I bury my face in the crook of his neck and close my eyes, inhaling deeply. He still smells the same. He still feels the same.

"Hello, love." His voice fills my ears and it's impossible to think about something asides from us.

We spend a long time like that, I'm aware of it - my arms start getting a bit tired from hugging Gerard so tightly for so long, so I pull away reluctantly, sighing softly. "Come in, come in, love," I tell him and reach for his bag before he is able to do it, carrying it inside and leaving it by the door. A sigh escapes my lips at how the music in the background sounds a thousand times more pleasing now that he is here. It's playing "It's Been a Long, Long Time" by Kitty Kallen.

"You've redecorated," Gerard says softly, looking around as closing the door behind him. He seems so relaxed, so happy, probably glad to be home; feelings shared equally by us.

A smile tugs on my lips as I approach him again, nodding and cupping his face to take a good look at him. "I like your hair," I say softly, playing lightly with a strand by his ear - his hair was long when he had left, but it is much shorter now, but all it did was to make him more charming, even if the whole uniform, right now, doesn't make him look quite right.

Not mattering all the happiness Gerard is feeling, there's still this weight in his eyes, of having seen things he didn't wish to and done things he didn't want to. It pains me to know that, but I am aware there's nothing I can do now besides helping him with the results of this whole thing.

"I missed you," he says softly leaning into my touch and pressing a kiss to my palm.

"I missed you too," I reply, continuing to observe him. His hands wrap themselves around my wrists and slowly lowers them down and it actually takes me a few moments to notice he's pulling me for a dance, but I soon start slowly moving with him to the rhythm of the song, an arm around him as he has my free hand in his.

Gerard smiles at me, a calming, reassuring smile on his lips like if he knew about all of my worries. I sigh softly at it, feeling all of these bad thoughts dissipating as I nuzzle Gerard softly, pressing closer to him and it's probably the best feeling ever to have him here; I feel like if I'm myself again.

As I grow used to the movement, I allow my eyes to flutter shut, just enjoying the music and having him back. His grip adjusts itself around me, holding me in a sort of protective manner at the same time I can feel him relaxing under my touch, exhaling softly.

Only Gerard nuzzling me lightly brings me back to reality, so I move away enough to look at him, just to meet the most loving gaze I've ever seen and also missed so much, making my heart flutter in my chest as I sigh because I'm so in love. His nose brushes against mine in an affectionate and gentle manner, before our lips finally meet.

Kissing Gerard like this after so long feels like finally arriving home after a long, harsh day. We pause, lips grazing over each other, then connect our lips again, eventually stopping to dace to we can enjoy it properly, deepening it. The song nears its end, but we continue there, holding onto each other; I can't help but to hug him tightly once again, burying my face in the crook of his neck once again, feeling safe with it.

Gerard presses a kiss to my neck, running a hand up and down my back.

"Hey..." He says quietly, like if any sound louder than that would ruin the moment, and I look up to see him grinning, "tell me you're not preparing what I think you're preparing."

I can't help but to chuckle, taking his hand in mine. "Let's go check on it, it must be ready."

____________