♡;Death - G.W. | (1/2)

"Dad! Stop changing the headlights intensity!" I groan as my father constantly changes the thing's intensity from low to high.

It makes me worried because we're in the middle of the night returning home from trip to the neighbor city and the road is full of dangerous curves and no illumination. Just the car's headlights show the way the vehicle is supposed to follow.

"I know what I'm doing!" He says stubborn as always.

I sigh, praying silently for whoever hears my pleads to continue living.

My father keeps doing the same until he accidentally turns the headlights off.

"Oh my God, dad!" I scream exasperated noticing his mistake.

"Fucking hell!" He curses and those are the last words I hear before everything goes black.

I groan standing up from the ground, confused. Looking around, I notice I'm in the side of the road next to my father's car that is crashed to the wall.

"Oh no!" I mumble seeing the thick red liquid on the floor and quickly run to the car, trying to open the driver's door that is the only one accessible.

Tears fill my eyes when I notice I can't open it, the car is too damaged. I don't know how was I on the floor when my door is crashed to the wall.

"Ah ah ah." I hear the voice behind me, and freeze, turning around, it continues, "You can't do it."

I see a man around my age, with shoulder length black hair and pale skin. He wears black ripped jeans and shirt, a dark blue jeans jacket also there.

"Who are you?" I say confused.

"Death, but you can call me Gerard as an human name." He shrugs.

"Death? What?" I chuckle is disbelief, "Is it a prank? It was a very good one, looks really real!" I nod looking around, taking my assumption as the explanation to the reason I was on the floor.

"No, no. You see, I'm here to take you because you died." He explains, "Your dad survived and you were the unlucky one."

"You're Death?" I blink a few times.

"I know, I'm not a dark creature who walks in a black hood, but I'm still Death and you come with me." He says.

Some people stop by the place and start looking, snapping pictures or calling someone. None of them seem to give me any attention.

"Can't they see me?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"As I said, you're dead." He sighs and grabs my arm, dragging me with him as we walk down the road, "Now come on, we need to get you to the judgement."

I don't react and try to process everything that happened. I'm actually dead and the death is this weird cute kid who has to guide me to be judged. Okay, just don't panic, (y/n).

I start taking in deep breathes to keep myself calm.

After some meters, seems like we're in a completely different place, not the road anymore.

Well, not the same road at least. This one has white blocks and there are woods by each side of it. By the right, beautiful, green and full of flowers woods and by the left, - still beautiful - dry trees and black soil.

"So, Mr. Gerard." I start, trying to engage a conversation.

"Call me Gerard, please." He says as if it's not the first time he listens me saying this sentence.

"Right, Gerard." I nod, "Why did I... Well, is there a reason why I was the only one to die?"

"Actually, yes." He nods and takes a black small notebook out of his jacket chest pocket, "Let's see..." He turns some pages and 'ah's finding something, "(Y/n) (L/n). Your soul has in total 500 years of credits. You already had four incarnations. On the first, you spent thirty-two years; on the second, sixty years; forty on the third and twenty-seven on this last one. We needed to show your father how his stubbornness can end with something important for him and you were supposed to live twenty-seven years on this life. The administration saw an opportunity to get the two events together and took it." Gerard closes the notebook and puts it back on its place.