♡^Are you happy? | G.W. | (2/2)

(A/n)

Requested by yebroimemo

There's still another ending, my children :)

two updates in the same day, pls feel blessed, y'all dsjhfgsdf

_______
_______
_______

[3rd person p.o.v.]

Being mostly quiet granted Mikey a major ability of observing everything better and, consequently, catching on things that would go unnoticed by everyone. An example of it was knowing (y/n)'s crush on Gerard - all the gazes, smiles and blushes said it all, making it hard to believe how no one else had noticed. His assumptions were just confirmed after Frank and Ray came to him telling about (y/n)'s feelings, what they had found out through Brendon.

Though (y/n) and him never talked about it, Mikey knew the whole story and everything that was going on. Certain regret ate him up from the inside for watching everything in silence, but he was determined to not let things continue this way after he started noticing the specific glances often shared by Ericka and Bob.

Mikey watched his brother standing in front of the mirror for a moment before finally approaching, "Gerard?" He received a hum in response and continued, "are you sure about marrying Ericka? I mean, you know the circumstances you started your relationship under. Are you still sure about it?"

Truth be told, their relationship wouldn't even exist if Gerard wasn't desperate for someone to comfort him after (y/n) started getting distant. (Y/n) was practically his ground and, after that day, he just felt adrift. Ericka was like a sudden buoy among the wide ocean of feelings. It all crossed Gerard's mind while he still stared at himself; a breathe escaped his lips, "yes, Mikey, I am." Except he wasn't. He was blindly marching towards this marriage with the hope of somehow burying the past with it. Now, Mikey was pointing out his mistake and Gerard felt himself unable to ignore the truth.

What was going on in Gerard's head wasn't unknown to Mikey - he knew exactly what he was doing and, with a last glance, he left the room. Mikey couldn't simply stand there and watch things happen. Again.

[Your p.o.v.]

Why does everything need to go wrong? A loud noise echoes through the room as a result of my hand slamming against a small table and throwing the glass vase of flowers that was on top of it flying to the floor. I let out a loud groan, trying to release all the anger I've been holding back for this whole time - Ericka giving me these fucked up clothes was just the last straw. I swear, I tried and still try my best to get over this, but I think the fucking universe doesn't want me to.

The anger suddenly turns into a sudden sadness and the sobs are escaping my lips before I'm able to notice. Ray wasn't able to find new clothes for me then couldn't keep looking for it because he needed to do whatever - I didn't pay attention to it. He was extra reluctant to leave, so I promised him I'd do it myself and guess what? I won't! Maybe it's really the best to not go. It just aches how all of this could have been avoided if I had talked to Gerard properly. Crying to myself, I slide down the wall until sitting down on the floor, bringing my legs close to my chest.

It feels like hours until I can't sob anymore, staring at the ceiling and suddenly questioning my whole existence, wondering how awful I must look right now. The door swinging open interrupts my existential crisis, but I find myself wishing it had continued after seeing Gerard standing on the doorway. His eyes widen once landing on me, "oh, God! What happened?" His words act like a trigger for the cry to start again.

As much as I want to cry, it's simply dry - tears never escape my eyes though my face contorts in sadness while my lungs contract into sobs. Suddenly, Gerard's next to me, bringing me for a hug while muttering comforting words. The hug- it shouldn't hurt, damn it, it shouldn't hurt. Nonetheless, it feels like burning iron against my skin and I just want to move away. Ah, if I had the strength to do it.