♡^Stay - M.W.

I sit under a blanket on the couch, not bothering to turn on the living room's lights as I listen to the silent rain outside. Its sound never fails to get me calm. Not like I am stressed or something, but just because it gives me a great feeling.

Hearing footsteps, I look to the kitchen's doorway and see Mikey standing there.

As soon as he notices I'm looking back at him, he turns to climb the stairs by the doorway.

I sigh and look down at my arm resting at the couch arm and see something I hadn't given attention in a long time.

A scar on my forearm, about an inch below my hand. The letters MJW in a lighter color than the rest of the skin.

A smile makes its way to my lips because of the high school memory.

I finally find Mikey sitting under a tree, on a spot we usually go in the middle of the park's woods.

He is trembling slightly while hugging his knees close with his head between them.

"Hey Mikey, what's wrong?" I say kneeling in front of him.

"T-the usual. They m-made fun of m-me." The crackling voice says followed by a sob.

I sigh and put a hand on his arm, "You're not letting it ruin you, right? They're idiots, don't let them tell you who you are."

He raises his head showing a red face, red and swollen eyes with an annoyed expression.

"I d-don't know why you're here either. You will leave like they all do. Why don't you bully me like you do to the others?"

Anger rises in me as he says that. I lean close to him and say angrily, "What makes you think I'll leave you? If I didn't until now, I won't anymore! You're not a kill time like them. And don't you dare ever again repeat those words!"

"Don't lie! You will leave! I know you will!" He insists.

"Look, I'll make a promise and I'll keep it." I take a pocket knife out of my jeans pocket, "I won't leave you. Even if I hate you, even if you live in the streets, even if you hate me, even if every second between us is filled with fights. I. Won't. Leave. You. Now give me your left hand." I say extending a hand.

"What?" He furrows his eyebrows looking at me confused.

"Just give me!" I grip his left hand and turn it upwards. "It is the proof that I won't leave you." I take the pocket knife and cut his skin, writing the first letters of my name. "For me too..." I mumble cleaning the knife on my clothes and doing the same on my skin, but with the letters MJW.

Mikey looks at his wrist for a moment, seeing the blood running down and falling to the ground. "I... You will need to keep your promise. You didn't do this to my skin for nothing."