♡Tainted Keys - R.T.

(A/n)

No, it isn't the one shot I mentioned

[Before writing notes]
A good friend of mine gave me the plot idea and the first person I thought about it when he said it was Ray

Idk if I'm going to put Reader on it, so...

[After writing notes]
It went out better than I expected! Also, Reader isn't there.

Thankshu

______

Ray watches the distracted public - if he can call them like this - while he plays the piano keyboard. Not a single person has their attention turned to him.

Well, how could he expect such a thing from drunk and depressed people who are either lost in their own thoughts or with their senses too damaged to pay attention at anything.

It has been like this for him for the last year, since his work didn't seem to please the fans anymore and once expensive tickets for his concerts turned into just a enter through a poor bar doorway after 7p.m.

He sighs and shakes his head, focusing his thoughts on what he does right now - playing the keyboard, something he loves so much.

The result of it started displeasing him at the same time it did the same to his fans. The male just doesn't know what happened, but he hasn't been playing the instrument the same beautiful way he had been done for years.

It just doesn't sound the same.

He decides to finish the song quicker than he should and put the instrument back in its case before exchanging some words with the bar owner and leaving; finishing his bar 'show' sooner than planned. His feelings has hit him so hard that he couldn't keep going on.

Ray's ride home is silent; he is alone, no one wants to have any kind of relationship with a failed like him. Just the sound of the car's engine and his low breathe fill the ambient, but his thoughts are louder.

Thoughts of worry about how will he manage to pay all the bills and the apartment's rental - recent and old - without enough money.

The small salary received from the concerts started getting smaller and the bills getting higher.

He thinks it's the best to brush his thoughts away, loosening the grip on the steering wheel that he had unconsciously tightened to the point his knuckles turned white. A sharp pain attacks his head - maybe the smoke and alcohol smell aren't doing any good for him.

He should know, smelling it for hours every day isn't good for anyone. However, he knows it isn't the only reason for the pain. The stress he is having lately is gigantic. He doesn't even know what is he going to eat in the morning.

Changing his gaze from the road to the glove compartment, he manages to get the two inches pills recipient and open it with a single hand, throwing a couple of the medicine on his mouth without any water to help him swallowing it and putting the thing on its previous place. He silently hopes the pills will ease the headache and keep his thoughts silent at least until he lays down to sleep.

Arriving home, he hasn't to think much as the only things he does is changing the sweaty dirty clothes to a pair of twice used comfortable sweat pants; not bothering to take a shower since his head is too heavy to even put a shirt on.

It's morning. Ray groans feeling the sun shining through the curtains and hitting his face, annoying him slightly as it privates him from his wanted slumber.