♪;Hurtful comments | G.W.

(A/n)

Requested by anon
Thx for always requesting

______
______
______

The smell of summer hovers in the air as we hang in the backyard, near the pool, waiting for Gerard to come back from inside the house with the drinks he promised us. By smell of summer, I just really mean the smell of the water under the bright sun, chlorine and sunscreen – Mikey and Gerard are practically completely covered in it.

"Here it is," Gerard says as walking out of the house with bottles and cans of beer and energy drink in hands while hugging some close to his body before letting everything down on a table. Ray and Mikey immediately cheered as grabbing the drinks.

"Someone, please, bring me something," Frank called from the pool, earning a few annoyed comments from everyone about how lazy he is, but Mikey takes a bottle to him anyways, shooting him a look.

"Having fun?" Gerard's suddenly next to me with an arm wrapped around my waist, a can of energy drink on his other hand. He presses a kiss to my cheek as pulling me close. Nodding, I turn my face to meet his lips and kiss him shortly as leaning onto his touch.

Our attention is snatched by a scream coming from Frank followed by the sound of someone jumping in the water. Silence hovers around the air until Ray comes to the surface with a grin, his hair now sticking to his head and covering most of his face. His grin makes Frank start complaining, but he just laughs at the shorter male.

"Frank, I swear to God," Gerard says taking my hand in his before walking closer to the edge of the pool. "If you fucking drop that bottle or get beer in the pool, I'll never fucking call you over again." He furrowed his eyebrows, looking down at Frank. "Or you'll be the one cleaning it all next time."

"Aw, calm down," Frank furrowed his eyebrows, his bottom lip sticking out dramatically before he takes a sip of his the bottle, then holding it up to show it's 'perfect state'. "I'm careful, dude. I don't drop or knock over everything I touch. Like you." He forces a grin, observing us for a few more seconds until gaining a questioning air.

"No way you're jumping in," Frank shoots us an unimpressed, serious look. "Ray's already in the pool. It's fine if Mikey gets in, but, with you two, the water's just gonna, y'know, fly out of the pool like in the cartoons," he laughs a bit, actually the only one finding fun in this, receiving reprehending looks from everyone else.

There's clearly anger and annoyance suppressed in the sigh coming from Gerard. "You're fucking terrible today," he says in sternly, pointing at Frank, still holding the can. "If you drop another comment like this, I'm going to fucking kick you out of here." He narrows his eyes at Frank before sitting down on the edge of the pool, pulling at my hand for me to do the same. Looking at me, he smiles brightly, swinging his feet back and forth inside the pool. It's like if showing everything's okay.

The heavy atmosphere disappears some seconds later, when Mikey approaches and the three start talking after another quiet muttering reprehending Frank. No one is amused by Frank's comments; even I have witnessed moments like this before. Everyone gets weird sometimes. The stress reaches all of us.

Gerard is comprehensibly calm too. He sips on his drink as watching the others, soon joining the talk too. To me, on the other hand, things are a bit different. Frank's words echo in my mind and these inconvenient questions are back, making me feel insecure again. I mean, am I that fat? A shaky exhale leaves my nose as I try to calm down and forget it, but it has the exact opposite effect, to the point I can already feel tears welling up in my eyes.

Ah, fuck, great – now I'm going to make things worse by crying in front of them. I let go of Gerard's hand as standing up and get away from there. More thoughts flood my head in my way to inside the house, making me feel hopeless. I just want to hide myself, crawl away from my own skin or anything to make me stop feeling so... gross.