♪;What's bothering you? | G.W.

(A/n)

Requested by CabelosDehFogo

This took long, but I like my stories well written, not to mention the digital electronic and operational systems classes killed all my brain cells, so...
I worked on this for over a week (and it's still bad, what a shame), but here it is

This one is... kinda weird. I got carried away. Maybe it was the urge of using a new idea or of finishing this quickly.

___________

Friendly reminder for you guys to check the Halloween prompts in the previous chapter and request if you still haven't!!!

___________
___________
___________

Gerard's hands trailing down your body rose bumps on your skin as a shiver slowly ran down your spine, the feelings intensified with the deep kiss your lips were locked in, making you lean back against the kitchen counter – it caused a light pain in your back, but it wasn't the main priority. As his hand slipped under your shirt and wrapped itself around your hip, he could notice certain hesitation coming from you in the way your grip faltered around the fabric of his shirt and the kiss suddenly wasn't intense in the way it was previously.

Assuming the kiss had permanently gained another vibe and would only get more awkward if it continued, Gerard pulled away, a questioning air over his features. His eyes scanned your expression, seeking any clue that'd justify your sudden change. Frustration hit him seeing your eyes averting away, a clear pretension that there was nothing wrong.

It was useless – Gerard had noticed the same hesitation in the past weeks, whenever he'd want to take a next step then would forget about it, thinking it was due to some trivial reason, but it slowly proved itself otherwise and he decided to start confronting you. Well, maybe everything was just something his mind made up, but the way you looked away demonstrated the opposite.

"Love," Gerard called softly, concern lacing his voice as he lifted a hand to cup your face, his thumb caressing your cheek softly. "What's wrong? What's bothering you?" His eyes tried to find yours again, but it didn't happen.

"Um, nothing," you said, moving a hand to his chest, playing lightly with the folds of the shirt's fabric. "Nothing," the repeated word was like a kind of reassurance to yourself as you leaned in again, but the kiss didn't last as long as you expected and you were once again met with the same inquiring and concerned face, making you sigh. Dealing with a stubborn Gerard wasn't that easy.

"You know you can tell me anything," Gerard said, his face mirroring the frustration his voice carried. "Is it something I did? Or maybe that I didn't do?" His voice had a suppressed desperation as the way you avoided the talk got him more worried. "Hm, it's fine if you don't like me any-"

"No," you cut him off, shaking your head, your eyes widened with the sudden panic of him getting the wrong idea. "I love you, a lot, don't doubt it." With furrowed eyebrows, you leaned in for a quick peck to dispel his fears.

"It's that, um," a red tone took over your cheeks and you couldn't hold the eye contact anymore, what intensified Gerard's curiosity. "I... I'm younger, but I'm not calling you old, that's not what I want to say..." The embarrassment took over again for messing up, giving the words a rushed rhythm, in a way you were thankful Gerard barely understood it.

"Um, like," you continued, motivated by covering what you did before Gerard processed what you said. "You, um, probably dated more people than I did, y'know?" Your eyes met his for a moment, an awkward attempt of checking if he got what you meant or if it was time to want to curl up and die with the embarrassment.