♪;You're... | M.W.

(A/n)

Requested by AloeIero

This turned into a dark academia aesthetic and I don't know how. I guess the idea of Mikey with a trench coat is too powerful.

_______
_______
_______

Mr. Way had that fucking charm. It was from the way he read a book in silence to himself to the small smiles he shot people and how he stood in front of the class, moving his hands around as explaining things. Was he even aware of it? Probably not. He always seemed surprised with whatever compliment he received despite his modesty not being one of the best ones. Well, it didn't need to be, with the charm being well accompanied by his beauty.

The fact Way wasn't just resumed to a pretty face with a sly smile was almost unfair. His name also meant a great moral, superiority – almost impossible to argue with. Of course, he didn't exploit that.

Watching everyone practically melting when talking to him was annoying. You couldn't discern if the worst was watching some of the other teachers changing their personalities completely when talking to them or that scandalous guy who swayed his hips a bit too much whenever he would go to Mikey's desk and show or ask him something.

"Honestly, don't you get annoyed with all of that?" You sighed after pointing out how irritating it was seeing people treating Mikey like if he was a deity. He wasn't Mr. Way when you were having lunch with him in his room – or basically when you were alone –, he was just Mikey. Not your teacher.

"You learn how to deal with it through the time. It might be more convenient than it seems to be," Mikey answered in a pause before taking a sip of his juice and didn't seem like he was going to talk much further about it. There was something similar about his expressions and words; they were always vague. As much as it was possible to see the differences between his good and bad moods, they always had the same depth. He didn't seem so indifferent and tense when around you, what leaded you to understand acting like this was either strategic or due to the people he was around, but it still gave you certain pride.

Liking Mikey was a problem sometimes. Not to anyone else, none of them knew. It made you feel disgusting because... that made you another one of them, right? Okay, you didn't throw yourself all over him or anything; nevertheless, your guilt was blind.

To be honestly, maybe you did deserve some more credit. Your interest towards Mikey had started to grow in the moment your eyes landed on him and he started to talk and it never had anything to do with his appearance. Mikey wasn't superficial in any aspect and you found yourself in a free fall before you could notice, each time more impressed. He wasn't just smart, not just interesting, didn't just have strong opinions. The friendship had started with debates and not flirting.

You weren't only in love with his looks or charm, but also with his mind.

Did Mikey know about your feelings? He wasn't anyone. He probably did. It felt like that kind of truth everyone knows it is there, yet, no one ever mentions it. Until needed. You were afraid this time would come.

"It's not funny taking advantage over the others, mister," you said teasingly, your grin suppressed into a smirk.

Mikey held back a chuckle, shaking his head as recomposing himself. "It isn't taking advantage. Not if you see it the way I do." The words did make him sound like a bad person, but he really wasn't. If anything, what he meant was, at the most, having the teachers or students to make him a few favors, simple ones like bringing him coffee or handing papers off to someone else. He had never asked you to do any of these.

Sometimes, it looked like Mikey wanted to seem worse than what he actually was.

"Also," he spoke up after a moment of silence, "why have you been having lunch with me so often lately?"