♡"Get it right | M.W.

(A/n)

Requested by mqddieeee

Heavy TW for gender dysphoria!!!

_________
_________
_________

"It'll be fine. You deserve the best." Mikey has reassuring smile on. His gaze is so loving, in a way it gives me a sudden wave of more confidence.

My cheeks heat up a bit. We've been together for long now, but there are still moments in which I feel these same butterflies in my stomach which I'd feel when Mikey flirted with me after we had just met. I nod with a smile and lean in to press a kiss to his cheek before returning my attention to my phone and reading the text once again. I didn't want to think about this more than I already have, so it's a short thing.

I would like everyone to know I go by they/them, only, from now on. And please use gender neutral terms to refer to me. I'm not a female, I'm non-binary.

My finger hits the tweet button and I immediately put my phone down, not ready to face people's reactions yet. It shouldn't be like this, but, unfortunately, there are still close-minded people. This is an unfortunate truth and a confusing one since they're still in MCR's fandom while we're all so accepting.

"You were so brave, my love, I'm so proud of you!" Mikey pulls me to a hug, pressing kisses to my face in an obvious attempt of pulling my thoughts away from getting too nervous over people's reaction. It works. I chuckle with all the affection.

"Thank you!" I grin, leaning against Mikey with a sigh to hug him back tightly. Hearing these words, even more coming from him, is really important. It reassures me I'm valid – a doubt that still bothers me once in a while, along with wondering if I'm actually faking –, but not just that. Mikey has been supporting me the whole time and helping me until I could figure out my identity. Now, he's the one who's been motivating me the most to come out to everyone since I already had done so to my close friends and it turned out to be a good thing.

"What about going out tonight? Maybe for dinner or something else if you'd like," he offers, gazing at me from close, out foreheads pressed together.

"That would be amazing!" I appreciate Mikey's efforts a lot. It makes me really happy. My eyes avert from his eyes to his lips a few times before I finally lean in.

~

"...(y/n)? They're..." Mikey trails off, seeming questioning until I walk in the room. "They're here!" He extends a hand towards me with a smile, which I return as approaching him. The guys probably have been looking for me after I left to go grab an extra bottle of water before the meet and greet can start.

"That's great," Gerard says as soon as he sees me and nods towards the spot where the other two are for us to join them. He goes ahead, Mikey and I following him a few steps behind.

"Damn, this was awesome, but really tiring!" I breathe a chuckle as opening the bottle, taking a few sips of it.

"True," he agrees, wrapping an arm around me, "I really fell out of shape."

"Don't say that, you were awesome!" I press a kiss to his cheek; thankful he's already washed the sweat off his face. He smiles at me, pecking my lips. We avert our attention from each other when hearing that the meet and greet will start. Mikey gives my hip a reassuring squeeze and pulls away, both of us needing to grab our sharpies and get prepared.

It doesn't take long until the fans start walking in, talking with each of us as we stand side by side. Though sometimes we change places, it's almost always Ray, Frank, Gerard, me and Mikey. Particularly, I don't have an exact opinion about meet and greets because it can be all enjoyable, annoying or exhausting – sometimes, the three of them at once. I never know what to expect, at times, even tho my humor influences on it a lot. Today, I'm just excited in general. I have a feeling things are going to turn out well.